What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
The Neutron weight you mention are for the 27.5" version so add another 70g and that's 200g. That's a decent amount of extra rolling weight!

The Horizon wheels are $629 inc delivery with free ARD inserts (which I'd sell). Still a way away until I've saved that much though.
Nukeproof and CRCs website doesn't stipulate size, only 905g front and 1045g rear including valve and tape
Regardless, they're a cheap upgrade and a massive step up in quality and down in weight from the stock wheels I was rolling on.
For AUD450 they're a bargain

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Nukeproof and CRCs website doesn't stipulate size, only 905g front and 1045g rear including valve and tape
Regardless, they're a cheap upgrade and a massive step up in quality and down in weight from the stock wheels I was rolling on.
For AUD450 they're a bargain

To be pedantic, they're $430 delivered so based on what I save and what I have in the bank, that is exactly 4 weeks away!

Dangals

Likes Dirt
Picked up some knee pads for my young one now that he is getting a little more confident (cocky) to save for when he eventually has a big off....

And to ensure I got free shipping picked up the EDC lite tool - looks good and the orange is nearly an identical match to all the orange highlights on my mega....pretty stoked about that.

Minlak

custom titis
The Neutron weight you mention are for the 27.5" version so add another 70g and that's 200g. That's a decent amount of extra rolling weight!

The Horizon wheels are $629 inc delivery with free ARD inserts (which I'd sell). Still a way away until I've saved that much though.
You do know that the ride quality is directly related to the wheel quality? Just dropping 200g wont magically make the bike leave strips of rubber behind as you accelerate off. A lot of the perception of lighter wheels is passed off as placebo effect and once used to the new wheels not even noticeable. (Also depends on where the 200g is saved if it 200g directly at the rim then more noticeable - if the weight is also shared by lighter spokes and hubs or even less spokes then wont be as noticeable) Having wheels that excellent quality with the right amount of flex / movement / stiffness / modulation is far more important long term.

HamboCairns

You do know that the ride quality is directly related to the wheel quality? Just dropping 200g wont magically make the bike leave strips of rubber behind as you accelerate off. A lot of the perception of lighter wheels is passed off as placebo effect and once used to the new wheels not even noticeable. (Also depends on where the 200g is saved if it 200g directly at the rim then more noticeable - if the weight is also shared by lighter spokes and hubs or even less spokes then wont be as noticeable) Having wheels that excellent quality with the right amount of flex / movement / stiffness / modulation is far more important long term.
I'm going by this review which seemed to offer very high praise -

HamboCairns

the man who just loves to work on a budget...then blow that budget so far out the window be should have just go a better bike in the first place!
Hey not fair! I would have bought a better spec version of mine if it existed. They're introducing one this year which will have a Z2 fork, Deore 11sp and a dropper. I would have been very happy with that!

I'm ok with my Recon fork to be honest, I'd just like a bit of zip (and a bit less weight) hence the search for lighter wheels with better engagement.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will admit the fella who built my new rear wheel - all Dt swiss did a magnificent job
it is strong ( I’m heavy ) rolls so much faster than the standard one ,and reasonably priced .

now I want a new front ...don’t need one .
Want one .

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey not fair! I would have bought a better spec version of mine if it existed. They're introducing one this year which will have a Z2 fork, Deore 11sp and a dropper. I would have been very happy with that!

I'm ok with my Recon fork to be honest, I'd just like a bit of zip (and a bit less weight) hence the search for lighter wheels with better engagement.
Get the Recon rebuilt - serviced .
they are an okay fork - but the tech is 5 yrs old now , mine really improved after a full rebuild .
it’s not a lyric,38 grip or z1 . But it just works

The kits are cheap from Fox / mtbr and it’s a relatively simple fork.