Derby in Tassi

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll come for a ride if I'm not at work, work an awesome shift of 2 on 4 off so good chance I will have a day off. Live in Bridport 45 mins away.
If you don't mind my asking, what do you do up Bridport?
I used to Ai on the Clovelly farms a stone throw from Bridport.

rstim

Likes Dirt
If you don't mind my asking, what do you do up Bridport?
I used to Ai on the Clovelly farms a stone throw from Bridport.
Hey Tubeless I actually work at the Launceston airport as a firefighter, but grew up on a dairy farm on the way to Derby.

Also rode all the newly opened trail from Derby today had a ball, it's all awesome and there are some big jump lines for those that like the aerial route. Should be some good viewing for the enduro round.

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A group of us just had 5 days riding - fantastic! "Return to sender" is now officially my favourite track ever...

Buck at Vertigo was a great help, the weather wasn't so we're still yet to ride the Blue Tier, but we did get a couple of goes at the fabulous Big Chook.

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
I'm heading to Derby this week. Got Friday with Buck showing us around. Though I'll have Thursday to myself. Any recommendations on what I could easily check out myself on Thursday? Prob only have an hour or 2. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm heading to Derby this week. Got Friday with Buck showing us around. Though I'll have Thursday to myself. Any recommendations on what I could easily check out myself on Thursday? Prob only have an hour or 2. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
Up Rusty Crusty, down Krushcka, with the ones in between that I cant remember.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Joel: Ride. you can't go wrong really.
Hit up the twisties on the lower green stuff, head over to the blue around Krushka's and Deja Vu, do some loops on flickety, 23 stitches etc.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Did the gravity enduro on the weekend. Rode some of the new trails, Upper Long Shadows (a pretty decent climb to the Black Stump but not too hard) Upper Flickerty Sticks (really fast and flowy once it gets going) Black Stump (Rocky and Technical decent) Shear Pin (very rocky and technical with large off camber rock slabs that are surprisingly grippy) and 23 Stitches (Fast with flow and gap jumps). Loved them all! Still didn't get time to do Return to Sender and Blue Tier.

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did the gravity enduro on the weekend. Rode some of the new trails, Upper Long Shadows (a pretty decent climb to the Black Stump but not too hard) Upper Flickerty Sticks (really fast and flowy once it gets going) Black Stump (Rocky and Technical decent) Shear Pin (very rocky and technical with large off camber rock slabs that are surprisingly grippy) and 23 Stitches (Fast with flow and gap jumps). Loved them all! Still didn't get time to do Return to Sender and Blue Tier.
Return to Sender is awesome, best track there.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
This thread makes me feel ill every time someone posts in it.....
CANNOT WAIT UNTIL FEB......!!!!

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Coming from Brisbane to Derby some time early next year. What is everyone doing regarding what bikes they are riding.

Are you taking your own down, or hiring down there.

I've got a Focus Sam, and looking to spend 4-5 days around derby.

Thoughts?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Coming from Brisbane to Derby some time early next year. What is everyone doing regarding what bikes they are riding.

Thoughts?
I'm taking mine, paid for extra baggage allowance with Jetstar to Launceston (30kg's)
I thought that I would know my own bike better than a rental, so hopefully can think less about the bike and enjoy the trails more.

I was quite surprised how grippy the granite is, even when wet, had to change my lines to use it for grip when possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

Thoughts?
Im riding my steel HT 29er pub bike with a 120mm fork.

Looking forward to it, we'll be there next week, staying in Branxholm caravan park then the missus is shuttling me to the top of Blue Tier the day we arrive, then the next morning after brekky, I'll be taking my boys around the lower trails, might even get err to drop us off at the Atlas trail head and come down from there.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
Im riding my steel HT 29er pub bike with a 120mm fork.

Looking forward to it, we'll be there next week, staying in Branxholm caravan park then the missus is shuttling me to the top of Blue Tier the day we arrive, then the next morning after brekky, I'll be taking my boys around the lower trails, might even get err to drop us off at the Atlas trail head and come down from there.
branxholm is ideal for camping! definitely my preferred spot even if it means driving into derby each day..

blue tiers is still slightly wet but rideable unless the trail gets closed..definitely worth of the ride..

instead of hitting up atlas id suggest exploring the new trails around the black stump trail head...all are accessible via devil wolf or commercial shuttle (private vehicles no longer allowed)