Confessions from the fuckwits

stirk

Burner
So, my son Oly is in year 12 and doing VCE Art among other things. School hols at the moment so he has a large canvass pinned to the wall that he's working on at home. It's a series of scribbles containing three pieces.

He's not really one for naming his works but my wife is always on about why he should, so this year he has. One completed series is titled "Strippers" and this one he's currently working on is "Genitalia". He hasn't told anyone about genitalia as yet given the works aren't complete.

Oly, his girlfriend and my wife were all home today and sat down for lunch together at which point my wife chirpily queries "Izzy, have you seen Oly's genitalia yet?"
So so so good, thanks for sharing!

Your son is a genius!

Tell me everybody else has done this.
Installing my rear dérailleur. No stand so bike upside down.
leaning in to peer at dérailleur, turn back wheel
Clunk
Pedal in the head

Are you trying to start a pile on?
Calamity Jane liked a pile on.

I have never done this.
Not even I have managed this!

Last edited:

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Clunk
Pedal in the head
not for a while, in fact not since I got a bike stand. Have you buzzed your face with the rear tyre yet, upside down spinning it up and inspecting something really close up. Zzzzz!!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So, my son Oly is in year 12 and doing VCE Art among other things. School hols at the moment so he has a large canvass pinned to the wall that he's working on at home. It's a series of scribbles containing three pieces.

He's not really one for naming his works but my wife is always on about why he should, so this year he has. One completed series is titled "Strippers" and this one he's currently working on is "Genitalia". He hasn't told anyone about genitalia as yet given the works aren't complete.

Oly, his girlfriend and my wife were all home today and sat down for lunch together at which point my wife chirpily queries "Izzy, have you seen Oly's genitalia yet?"
A lot of chuckles here.

stewyh

Likes Dirt
not for a while, in fact not since I got a bike stand. Have you buzzed your face with the rear tyre yet, upside down spinning it up and inspecting something really close up. Zzzzz!!!
Heh. Ruined a billabong cap that way looking at rear brake pads with the Bike in my stand. Flicked peak on tyre and it got stuck in the seatstays!

TREK24

Likes Dirt
Many moons ago I sliced the end of my index finger off, back to the front of the nail in a spinning brake rotor while trying to line up the caliper.......... Needless to say I don't do it with the wheel spinning anymore.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Many moons ago I sliced the end of my index finger off, back to the front of the nail in a spinning brake rotor while trying to line up the caliper.......... Needless to say I don't do it with the wheel spinning anymore.
The nail on my middle left finger has grown crooked since I was about 10 - I was oiling my bike's chain with the bike upside down and turning the cranks. Somehow, my finger ended up in the chainwheel, the teeth punching through my nailbed and the chain locking my finger on.

Screamed the house down, Mum came running out and clipped my brother over the ear on the assumption he'd done something! In her defence, it was fair assumption....

mitchy_

Llama calmer
i tore the nail and some meaty bits off my index finger in a similar fashion. figured i'd just cut myself, wrapped it in some electrical tape as it was bleeding a bit... went inside shortly after and my wife followed the trail of blood, and decided to ship me off to ED to discover how much of my finger i decapitated.

TREK24

Likes Dirt
Haha, I shudder now thinking about it and reading those two more stories. The end of mine was hanging on by a flap of skin. I clamped my thumb over the end of it and drove to the doctors, didn't think it would ever stop bleeding. The four anaesthetic needles they put In my finger hurt so much worse than the wound and didn't even numb the end of the finger before they cleaned it up and sent me home.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Haha, I shudder now thinking about it and reading those two more stories. The end of mine was hanging on by a flap of skin. I clamped my thumb over the end of it and drove to the doctors, didn't think it would ever stop bleeding. The four anaesthetic needles they put In my finger hurt so much worse than the wound and didn't even numb the end of the finger before they cleaned it up and sent me home.
mine looked like a split sausage they injected that much anaesthetic in it apparently.

this was a few days later...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Haha! here is another.

About 15 years ago I had to get a job out after hours in a workshop, just done a timing belt and water pump on a car. To save time, stupid me decides to start the car, warm the engine up and finish bolting up the rest of the plastic stonetray under the car. As I go to place the stonetray in position my index finger gets grabbed by the moving fan belt then does half a lap of the bottom pulley ripping my finger nail off and fracturing the tip of the bone.

TREK24

Likes Dirt
Haha! here is another.

About 15 years ago I had to get a job out after hours in a workshop, just done a timing belt and water pump on a car. To save time, stupid me decides to start the car, warm the engine up and finish bolting up the rest of the plastic stonetray under the car. As I go to place the stonetray in position my index finger gets grabbed by the moving fan belt then does half a lap of the bottom pulley ripping my finger nail off and fracturing the tip of the bone.
Queue dry retching here....
I work on blast hole drill rigs, so in close proximity to rotating shit alot. Worst nightmare getting anything caught up like that.

TREK24

Likes Dirt
Just hope you don't get a bad operator or they will drop the rods on your fingers.
Seen plenty of them. Only myself to blame most of the time, sole operator on a fully automatic underground rig. Plenty of opportunity for stories of fuckwittery at work, but not too many that can be told on a public forum.

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Clunk
Pedal in the head
Never copped the pedal, but often caught the end of the handlebar...