Official kentlyn thread

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
To get to river run from five ways, go the far most left track, then left again as it forks. Follow this down a fairly large rock boulder section and Follow along until you come to a T intersection and turn left. On the way back, go straight at the T and it will take you to a FT which climbs back up to the top of 5 ways.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Yeah you can, the firtrail that you come to at the end of the creek trail will take you to the top and back to the start of five ways.

Saturday run

Went out on Saturday with a mate, bloody cold in the morning but well worth it. Started at Boronia Rd entrance turned right and rode the rock trail which is in pristine condition as usual then headed up the hill to five ways took the run to the right of the crank_it runs(magic carpet dh). Some great jumps and big roll overs down to the creek, plenty of lines through here. We road up to Meadows rd via the creek run which is fast and flowy turned right at the road and tested the new bridges at roller coaster (great job on the crossings), head back up the creek to the fire trail at the bottom the rock trail, climbed the fire trail for another loop of the rock trail and back to the cars with smile on our dials. Covered 17km and a fantastic morning run.

Last edited:

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Was out again yesterday doing abit of riding and building, kentlyn is getting alot of riders out there now which is awesome to see!
Been doing abit of an extension on roller coaster if anyone has noticed, put a third bridge in yesterday!

Great work. The Bridges are 100% quality. And some great trail in there.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bob , CBG, what's the cave with the metal bars across the front of it, just above one
of the Creek crossings ... Some sort of gimp cage ?
I've been away on holidays. As Bob said it is the Bull Cave.

The Bull Cave is a one-of-a-kind example of Aboriginal Contact Art. From the council website: http://www.campbelltown.nsw.gov.au/Aboriginalhistory. Good photo here: http://www.macarthuradvertiser.com.au/story/2578825/national-treasure-located-in-local-bush-cave/. The cave has now been so badly vandalised it is hard to see anything anymore. The bull is a large charcoal sketch on the right hand side. Along the left rear of the cave are numerous white hand stencils (under the spray painted ones). From what I have read that area has been used for over a thousand years by the Dharawal people. There are a surprising number of Aboriginal sites in the Campbelltown LGA.

Cheers,
CBG.

Last edited:

mtb1611

Seymour
Did a coule of laps of Rock Trail/Crank it loop yesterday arvo with a mate, trails are in great condition. Just as we were packing up (5:15pm) a guy was setting out on his own under lights. Solo night riding is dangerous enough but at Kentlyn NO-ONE is going to find you for a fair stretch of time if you come unstuck - play it safe peeps!

Jado

Likes Dirt
Was out again yesterday doing abit of riding and building, kentlyn is getting alot of riders out there now which is awesome to see!
Been doing abit of an extension on roller coaster if anyone has noticed, put a third bridge in yesterday!
This is awesome yeahyeah, rode the little side section yesterday and was so thrilled to see new bridges. You deserve some kudos! Also some pink trail markings and lots of trail work done on Crank It, was that you too?

Jado

Likes Dirt
Roller coaster extension is now complete guys, ride it in as some spots are still soft....enjoy!
Hey I ride kentlyn all the time but do Crank It to go down then river run and the other side of peter meadows too, so where is Roller Coaster?

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Na that pink trail markings wasn't me, whoever did do it though is an idiot!

Wasn't only myself that maintained it, I can't take the wrap for it all.

I also rode rollercoaster yesterday, very slushy and boggy after the rain we've had, also needs a few add ons just to give it a bit more flow.
Rode the Rock trail yesterday as well, and love it more & more every time I ride it! Trail fairies up that end I take my hat off to you!