The gaming thread

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've kept my PS2 and the only game I have on it is Downhill Domination. It's still way cool! Over the top but cool nonetheless.
That game is awesome! I loved playing multiplier with mates. Punching them off their bikes..

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Two questions....

What keyboards and mice do people recommend for gaming?
Currently looking at the Logitech MX800 wireless keyboard and mouse. I prefer wireless and must have rechargeable mouse, backlit keys are a huge bonus.
I am however open to any suggestions as I have been out of the market for LONG time.

Also, I'm looking for a cheap site to purchase games from, I know of one from the UK but I can't find the link. And before you all jump up and down and say Steam, it's only cheap when they have sales on, and usually on games I have no interest in buying. Looking mainly at BF4.

Cheers for reading.

Hux

skinnybeans

Likes Dirt
Well probably doesn't meet your criteria but I use an apple keyboard (yes on my windows box) and a steel series Diablo 3 mouse (basically a tarted up sensei).

I've used the apple keyboards for ages, as I really like the short travel the keys have and compared to 'gaming' keyboards they are cheap.

Had the mouse for ages too and it keeps on trucking, no complaints and if it broke id probably get another.

For uk games, try ozgameshop

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Well probably doesn't meet your criteria but I use an apple keyboard (yes on my windows box) and a steel series Diablo 3 mouse (basically a tarted up sensei).

I've used the apple keyboards for ages, as I really like the short travel the keys have and compared to 'gaming' keyboards they are cheap.

Had the mouse for ages too and it keeps on trucking, no complaints and if it broke id probably get another.

For uk games, try ozgameshop
I was too on my iMac, but now I have a new PC specifically for gaming, I want a good keyboard and mouse combo.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Currently looking at the Logitech MX800 wireless keyboard and mouse. I prefer wireless and must have rechargeable mouse, backlit keys are a huge bonus.
I am however open to any suggestions as I have been out of the market for LONG time.

Also, I'm looking for a cheap site to purchase games from, I know of one from the UK but I can't find the link. And before you all jump up and down and say Steam, it's only cheap when they have sales on, and usually on games I have no interest in buying. Looking mainly at BF4.

Cheers for reading.

Hux
Keyboard, not wireless I don't get the real benefit over wireless shiz:
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php...d&gclid=CMSI5O-7isACFVUHvAodi6gAtg#googlebase

As for the MX800 mouse, it would be horrible for gaming IMHO, its a heavy mouse. I use mine for drafting as it can use programmable buttons.
I use this one for gaming, its wired yes. But it has many features that are only seen in really expensive mice, ie adjustable weight, DPI changing buttons ect ect.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php...d&gclid=CMKZ7Om9isACFcQHvAod6j8ALw#googlebase

As for shops, you wont really find much cheaper then steam. But this shop is competitively priced and I think it is the one you are talking about:
http://www.ozgameshop.com/

Delivery can take a while but you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Keyboard, not wireless I don't get the real benefit over wireless shiz:
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php...d&gclid=CMSI5O-7isACFVUHvAodi6gAtg#googlebase

As for the MX800 mouse, it would be horrible for gaming IMHO, its a heavy mouse. I use mine for drafting as it can use programmable buttons.
I use this one for gaming, its wired yes. But it has many features that are only seen in really expensive mice, ie adjustable weight, DPI changing buttons ect ect.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php...d&gclid=CMKZ7Om9isACFcQHvAod6j8ALw#googlebase

As for shops, you wont really find much cheaper then steam. But this shop is competitively priced and I think it is the one you are talking about:
http://www.ozgameshop.com/

Delivery can take a while but you get what you pay for.
Thanks Cona.

The reason for wireless is I have limited space on my desk, I share it with a 27" iMac and dual 24" Dell screens. Currently there is a Mac keyboard + magic mouse and a Logitech MX700 series KB&M. So the ability to move the suckers around without tangles is important. Currently have the G602 or G700s from Logitech or the Razor Ouroboros as the lead contenders in the mouse category. Now to find what I need in a keyboard.

Edit: Ozgameshop was the site I was looking for, you have levelled up to legend status!

Optic

Likes Dirt

Cheers for reading.

Hux

Don't get anything wireless if your going to be playing any sort of FPS game.

I'm currently running a Razer Imperator and Razer Black widow mechanical keyboard ultimate.

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=21206

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17969

Best mouse and keyboard I have ever used.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?

Cheers for reading.

Hux
green man gaming, good old games etc

taquar

Likes Dirt
I use a Razer Blackwidow keyboard, and Razer Mamba mouse. They've got the right amount of buttons and they both feel good to use. The Mamba especially, even though it's wireless, it still responds well. Some might say I'm a "Brand name douche", but both the products feel good, so hey, I'm gonna buy them. Beware of the Blackwidow though, they keys are LOUD. So if you're trying to get in a sneaky fap at night time or just don't want to wake someone up, don't type.

Has anyone here played any Space Engineers? It's on Steam and it's good fun. It's in Alpha but it's a construction based game in space :D

Last edited:

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just bought this.

AMD FX-8320 BLACK Edition 8 Core Design 3.5Ghz / 4Ghz Turbo Core 16MB Cache Socket AM3+
16gig DDR3 Gaming Performance memory
Latest Gaming Motherboard features....
AMD 970 Chipset, GBlan, SATA-3, USB 3.0, Crossfire and more.....
Hi performance AMD/ATi R9-280X x2 in Crossfire DirectX 11.2 PCI Express video card
8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
SATA DVD DUAL LAYER Burner DVD/ DVDRW / CD / CDRW
250gig Hi-Speed SSD HDD for BOOT/OS Solid State HDD much faster than mechanical HDD's
4TB HDD Games/Data Storage system
GAMING Case with extra cooling.
750watt Gaming Power Supply

Setting it up for gaming (obviously), photo processing and general arsing around. I'm running two 24" Samsung's. First time I've run two monitors before and I think I'll get used to it quite nicely.

will2

Likes Dirt

Also, I'm looking for a cheap site to purchase games from, I know of one from the UK but I can't find the link. And before you all jump up and down and say Steam, it's only cheap when they have sales on

Cheers for reading.

Hux

It is called G2A.com it is 100% legit and very good. Use PayPal and receive a steam key immediately. Also good for buying xbox/playstation points.

scblack

Leucocholic
Well I have just completed all the Gran Turismo 6 challenges, even get an email from Sony when you do that!

I might buy GT5 for a new challenge.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, what's everyone playing on Steam these days?

I love CS:S but there's pretty much no one on the servers these days. Also, not really partial to CS:GO. Any suggestions?