Casual Sydney Rides

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Heading out to Yellowmundee to get some km's in for the rest of the arvo. Feel free to join.

maxpowers

Likes Bikes
Hi guys,

Has anyone ridden Wylde MTB trail or are near the area? I've heard you can ride it during the weekend when there's no working being done, is that true? The official opening is towards the end of August anyways but I'm keen to ride it one weekend.

Dan.

tex72

Likes Dirt
Can only be ridden on ride days organised by Dirtz (check their fb page for any coming up), otherwise you will have to wait until the 24th Aug for the official opening.

maxpowers

Likes Bikes
Can only be ridden on ride days organised by Dirtz (check their fb page for any coming up), otherwise you will have to wait until the 24th Aug for the official opening.
So all the people riding without the organised group are riding it illegally?

Dan.

tex72

Likes Dirt
Quoted from fb.

"Just a reminder - please DO NOT RIDE yet unless with an official test ride group. The area is still a construction site with heavy machinery etc - and injury and track damage could result (eg from those kind riders who sneaked on last Sunday after the rain). Keep an eye on this page and Dirtz for info on test rides."

History tells us there will always be at least a couple of dicks that like to ruin it for the rest.:eek:hwell:

maxpowers

Likes Bikes
Thanx for that info. If you could post if there are any more rides here before the opening that would be great.

Cheers,

Dan.

tex72

Likes Dirt
Looks like your in luck.

Taken from Dirtz fb page

"9am, Sunday, 10th August. 2014.
Next Wylde MTB trail test ride day. Updates will include :
- 'Roley Poley' open in loop #2 ( this is an A line option )
- back of loop #2 will have more hand finishing done
- jump park sealed
- some trail signage erected
Trail is getting faster and more established all the time
All levels of riders welcome and you can complete as many laps as your legs will let you "

Looks like your in luck.

Taken from Dirtz fb page

"9am, Sunday, 10th August. 2014.
Next Wylde MTB trail test ride day. Updates will include :
- 'Roley Poley' open in loop #2 ( this is an A line option )
- back of loop #2 will have more hand finishing done
- jump park sealed
- some trail signage erected
Trail is getting faster and more established all the time
All levels of riders welcome and you can complete as many laps as your legs will let you "
Anyone know about this track - is it hard to get lost? Is it like just, get up there - and ride down thing - or are there lot of little tracks to get lost in?

Thanks looks fun.

ChopSticks

Banned
Anyone know about this track - is it hard to get lost? Is it like just, get up there - and ride down thing - or are there lot of little tracks to get lost in?

Thanks looks fun.

Pretty sure it's a guided tour before the official opening.... So just sign up with them and you should be shown around without any issues

tex72

Likes Dirt
Not really a guided tour as such. No need to sign up, just turn up around 9am for a quick 5 min intro at the trail head about what to expect.

Then you can ride off in your own groups at your own leisure. The xc loop is about 11.5km long with bail out options at 3km, 6km & 9km marks.
The trail is man/machine made & had some signage up at the last ride day so you can't really get lost.

If that is not your thing you can just session the pump track or the dirt jumps.

Luco

Likes Dirt
Manly dam and red hill

Just got back from riding a lap of manly dam and a loop at red hill.
Gotta say the new dam work is pretty fun, especially the technical drop/roll overs mid way which sees a bit of a crowd and some encouragement!
But. Red Hill. Soooo disappointing. What was the pinnacle of all mounting riding for me and the place where I learnt the most is now becoming fire road! Don't get me wrong, it's still an epic place to ride, but they've graded some tough techy climes and even better DH sections. It will still remain my favourite place to ride, but it's not gonna be the same again!

my02

Likes Dirt
I was there today. Is it just the main fire road from Lady P drive through to Cromer that's been done?

That was the only section that I could see as being affected...?

maxpowers

Likes Bikes
One of the best bit was the first climb after the downhill fire trail, I think it's called goat climb or something. it's just been graded and turned into a flat fire trail. Also at the top where the big rock drop is gone. That was a bit of fun when your returning to your car after a tough ride. Now it's just a quick roll down the hill....and climb back up.

Dan.