L'officiel Le Tour 2011 Thread!

markyh990

Likes Dirt
Anyone see Mick Tomalaris get on all fours when he was talknig to Matty White after the race, I though he was about to give him a kiss

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hope he is clean, you just can't tell these days. Such a dominant display.
I put $1000 on him to win at very favourable odds, months ago. Payday.

sruge

Likes Dirt
First of all, massive congratulations Cadel. For the last 4 or 5 years, stage after stage I watched you finish leaving absolutely everything out there on the road, without the team support, luck and, at times, self-belief to turn your determination into victory. At times I wondered whether you could really mix it with Contador and the Schlecks on the biggest climbs and I feared the years of opportunity were slippping away. This year, you had a fraction of the luck that others have had in the past, while some bore a fraction of the misfortune that you have had to deal with, but it always seemed that, if it came down to man against man, you were at least the equal of anybody out there. You proved that you were not only their equal, but too strong, too smart and too good. Chapeau Cadel!

And secondly, with apologies for changing the subject slightly, this makes a damn good read.....

http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/tour-de-france-rule-5-award-johnny-hoogerland/

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Anyone see Mick Tomalaris get on all fours when he was talknig to Matty White after the race, I though he was about to give him a kiss
hahaha Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought maybe the camera was only showing his top half because he must have wet his pants.

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
I hope he is clean, you just can't tell these days.
They were talking about this before the ceremony. Cadel was given a round of applause at his press conference after his time trial from all the media. This never happened during the Lance or Contador rains. Cadel is one of the high profile riders that is pushing the no drugs in cycling and one of the guys that is known as a clean blood.

Im looking forward to an early bed time tonight. 3 weeks of late nights has certainly caught up.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Almost a sad sight seeing Cadel crowned as I know it's the longest possible time until the next tour. But damn it was good seeing him win.

Will also enjoy getting more then 4 hours sleep a night haha. Managed to stay up last night until the very last lap when I fell asleep.

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It looks like I get fantasy tour bragging rights for the year. Only 5 seconds (points) in it, closest Tour ever!
I traded Gesink out for Cunego before the submission time accidentally. I thought Gesink would be better for GC points. Apparently not, lucky mistake.

jackedin

Likes Dirt
It looks like I get fantasy tour bragging rights for the year. Only 5 seconds (points) in it, closest Tour ever!
I traded Gesink out for Cunego before the submission time accidentally. I thought Gesink would be better for GC points. Apparently not, lucky mistake.
Yes lunged for the line and beaten by a half wheel but well done.
Yeah I messed up and didn't have Martin in the time trial (what was I thinking).
Maybe sleep deprivation was the problem.
Jackedin

Ben_M

Likes Bikes
In honor of Cadels win I thought I would upload this video. It is the Diamondback XC sections from probably the biggest Mtb movie of the 90's Chainsmoke. Anyone who was riding back then will probably remember it. Cadel was part of the Diamondback team then and is in this section, a shame he wasn't interviewed like the rest of his team. Was great watching this movie again for the first time in about 10 years :D

[video=youtube;H0KN9ZmTtzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0KN9ZmTtzg[/video]