Dump Run Now CLOSED

kenny b

Likes Bikes
Hi All,

The dump run has now been gated, padlocked and sign posted both top and bottom of the trail "no bike access" of course idiots on horses are still aloud.

Hell yeah I'm pissed... The wilderness should be for all not just the selfish narrow minded local community that live on the mountain. Maybe the trail lords did too good of a job and attracted to many riders or maybe the motorbikes or the 4 x 4 knobs caused this but the main issue is people aka the fun police have to stick their nose in every god dam thing.

All i do know is i will certainly miss this icon of South East Qld downhilling and I put a curse on anyone involved in it's closure.

RIP TAMBO

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Bad News

Couldn't agree more KB. This is a trail that has a long and illustrious history and it is now locked away behind gates.

Use this thread to post your memories of the Tambo Dump Run. I hope a couple of local legends send their thoughts and memories in too.

Cheers, DM

Last edited:

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Words do not describe how shit this is!!:mad:

One of THE best downhill tracks in south east QLD!

F*ck the haters!!!

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
thats so gay!! i never had the chance to ride tambo and was hoping to soon.....very disapointed!!
Yeah likewise.

Oh well, the downhill community being what it is - i.e. resilient, ultimately used to this sort of bullshit, etc - I'm sure that sooner or later we'll have a "Dump Run 2"

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Will be interesting to see how this effects other tracks in SEQ. There were a lot of riders that called this their local (me included) and we are all going to need to find another track now putting a lot more pressure on other SEQ tracks. Lets hope the bad eggs will learn something from this and not fuck it up for other tracks.

I can see the local residents point of view. I have been up there when there have been up to 15 shuttle rigs running up and down the mountain. Average of 4 riders on each rig with most crews putting down 10 runs each in a day. Thats a metric shitload of shuttle rigs turning around on the dump road right out front of peoples houses. Most are being dropped off right at the top where the old fireplace is as its a quicker shuttle turn around from there and gives you a good run into the start of the track. Prob is this road is very narrow and its not uncommon for close calls with on comming usually local vehicles(I was involved in one recently which saw a mate break his wrist) Then you had the riders that thought it was cool to ride the regeneration embankments along side the road. Were you blind? Did you think the little flags placed along these were supporters flags?? And at the other end you had the guys that would pump it after the last hip jump flat out all the way to the edge of the road suddenly stopping just as they come into view of another startled local or tourest driving up or down the mountain. (I had been guilty of this in the past myself But had curbed my ways on this in recent times)

I would just like to thank all the guys that busted their balls digging this track especially the recent guys that put so much hard work into the latest lines. You all did a fantastic job and it really is a shame to see all that work gone to waste.

But this track was allways destined to be closed down. It was allways illegal we all knew it but it was just to good to ignore. It may well have just been its time and had nothing to do with the bad eggs riding it. Lets all just try and learn from this and maybe next time give some concideration to the locals in the area. I think keeping the locals happy is the key to keeping a low profile on DH tracks.

Here is a vid of one of my runs from about 5 months ago-

[video=vimeo;11201327]http://vimeo.com/11201327[/video]

Last edited:

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Check out Downhill thread - Re-instate Mt Tamborine Downhill Trail campaign

Hi All,

Go to the Downhill thread and get on board

Good luck

oneoftheboys

Likes Bikes
well i be dammed.....

I spent many a weekend building there about 10 years ago.... have not ridding there for at least 5 years

I think they are using the whole upsetting the locals thing as an excuse to finally close the track. I rode there every Sunday and I can tell you that the locals were always friendly and willing to stop and have a chat never once did they complain to us about people riding.