beautiful bikes - post them here

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sumgy: Great that you've been there and done that with a Colnago but I've yet to and I'm not about to take your opinion of them as being shit bikes heavily.
Yet again you have read and interpreted a comment wrongly and then burred up.
I have never said that Colnago's are shit.
I said that they were tupperware which is my generic term for carbon fibre bikes.
I still like Colnago's very much but am unlikely to buy any CF bike.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn't mean to flame on, but for fucks sake, what's the point of posting a bike you think is beautiful if it's only going to make you open to fire by some fuck who thinks it's shit?
And yet you have done both.
Often.

Anyway, I am off to ride my shit Moots.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
And yet you have done both.
Often.

Anyway, I am off to ride my shit Moots.
Yet again you have read and interpreted a comment wrongly and then burred up.
I have never said that Colnago's are shit.
I said that they were tupperware which is my generic term for carbon fibre bikes.
I still like Colnago's very much but am unlikely to buy any CF bike.
That was your interpretation of what was happening and when you got cranky I deleted my pics straight away.

Must be tough being an attention whore.
Also Justin
You would be well served to find yourself a sense of humour.
If you did have one you might realise that some of the digs here are simple piss taking and not to be taken seriously. The person without a sense of humour will not see this and is the pisstakers favourite target.

You have been targeted before by others and the results have not been good for you.
Out of context
Wow.. I've heard of double posting being frowned upon... but 5 successive posts ? FFS !!
This was a good thread. Take your e-bitching elsewhere the forum doesnt need to see this shit.
"beautiful bikes - post them here " <--- Thread title. Reasonably indicative of the content expected.

The great thing about bike and beauty is its subjective. Price nor brand name have absolutley FA to do with a it unless you're "that guy".

Keep the pics coming, leave the e-gos at home please.

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's a post your ride section.
HAHA. You get that. On my car forum we have one simple rule in these kind of threads, and that is that you're not allowed to post your own ride, as everyone's biased towards their own rides (fine if somebody else posts it though).

Sumgy. I can see flaws (as you say) with your 2 bikes too, but hey, YOU think they're beautiful, that's great! I'm not about to pick them apart. At least everyone on here can have an opinion of your bikes though (and keep it to themselves if it's negative). Since you think they're more beautiful than many of the bikes posted in this thread, people can weigh up whether they should value your opinions, or not.

In regards to the grave dig (got to love a good grave dig huh?). Call me an attention whore, fine (I don't disagree with that at all :eek:) but you were the attention whore who posted pics of your bike in MY post your ride thread, to show off how much more amazing the welds on your expensive moots was in comparisson to my $500 China frame. Sorry.... but farkin DUH mate. That's like comparing a Ferarri to a Daewoo is it not?! :rolleyes:

Anyways. I know my bikes are cheap, and ALL Taiwanese. I love them all the same. Sure. If I found a Moots at the junk markets on Sunday for $45 I'd be all over it, but as it is I can't even justify to spend the $300 for a moots seatpost, let alone the asking price for a whole bike.

Back on topic shall we?

Bodin

GMBC
justin said:
Bait, bait, bait...
sumgy said:
Grr, grr, grr...
Enough! I've given you both the rest of the week (including the weekend) off, so you can freshen up, relax and return on Monday in a better frame of mind.

Justin - you were warned to leave this alone. The fact that you so consistently bring out the worst in others is what I hate about your presence here. I'd really appreciate it if you decided, of your own volition, just not to come back at all, even when this brief ban lifts.

Sumgy - what happened? All that crap at 5:30-ish this morning was a brainfart on your behalf and I'm not sure what you ever thought you were going to achieve apart from bringing this thread down further. You should have known that continuing on with anything to do with Justin only results in further agro.

Now is a really good time for someone to post a beautiful bike and get this thread back on track.

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Pivot! Cant wait to get mine!

SuperMOTARD Fixie!

ps. Never seen grown men whine like those two! ^^

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Yeah its strangely alluring.

Throw a freehub, some brakes and a decent set of handlebars and I'd be really really excited.

tu plang

knob
Justin - you were warned to leave this alone. The fact that you so consistently bring out the worst in others is what I hate about your presence here. I'd really appreciate it if you decided, of your own volition, just not to come back at all, even when this brief ban lifts..
I've been agreeing with you quite a bit these last few days Bodin.

It's interesting that he should say he's dreamed about having a Colnago since he was a kid... I thought he only took up riding bikes recently...

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been agreeing with you quite a bit these last few days Bodin.

It's interesting that he should say he's dreamed about having a Colnago since he was a kid... I thought he only took up riding bikes recently...
Sorry to steal your thunder, but before he comes on here and counters that, he used to ride "back in the day", that's where his original SS project came from. Back in the little ego days... :rolleyes:

'Ross

Eats Squid
Ross's salsa > Mamasita IMO
Mine is a nice bike no doubt, but Id hardly call it beautiful...

Especially compared to this, I love the frame! I hate my grey dull paintjob...but hey its a bike for riding not looking at! Sumgy gets a good combination of both with all his bikes thats why I like them, not just picking out colourmatching useless parts off the internet, photoshopping your bike all day until you get 'the look' but building your bike for riding with quality components and the rest sorts itself out;)

Sorry to steal your thunder, but before he comes on here and counters that, he used to ride "back in the day", that's where his original SS project came from. Back in the little ego days... :rolleyes:
Thanks for someone elses life story:rolleyes:

Last edited:

'Ross

Eats Squid
In regards to that fat tyre fixie....I saw some videos of it being ridden off road on proper trails and crossing a little creek or something, it was a long time ago and I cant find the videos now but it looked like it was very impractical.

This is the only vid I could find of it now, pretty sure its the same bike, hopefully someone knows where the other one is, maybe fixedgeargallery?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6KxWbzi4DY&feature=channel_page