do you listen to music when you ride?

• yes

Votes: 193 50.3%
  • no

Votes: 191 49.7%

• Total voters

| D | M | R |

Likes Dirt
I always listen to Music when i DJ because it gets my pumped for bigger jumps XD In my head anyway :p

I listen to Music for Street and park sometimes depending on if i can be bothered...

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Constantly, only time I don't have an earbud in my ear would be when I'm sleeping; otherwise I've always got SOTY, AC/DC, BFMV, BCE, Hot Action Cops or Turbonegro blairing off. Tis the best for having a good time on moir bicycle :p

m0ntague

Likes Dirt
I never listen to music while I ride, I prefer to hear the wind and birds in the trees along bush tracks. It makes the experience more enjoyable and lets me focus more on whats happening around me.

Blammo_fox

Cannon Fodder
Only with my mobile walkman phone which has a speaker....
then I can still hear whats going on in the outside world...

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
music while riding

only when i chillin out a the local skate park and not really tryin anything big.
out on the trail and downhilling no way ive got to concentrate 100% especially when racin.

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
Only have headphone in when down town (cars people, liability)
and same with on some dh tracks, 'gota' have the double kicks to get your legs pumping

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Nah, not at all really

On road, I'm too busy concentrating on traffic etc
On dirt, I'm too busy concentrating on my riding

moodybluebob

Likes Dirt
i have my iPod in one ear only. but i have to have music in when i ride park.
Dirt jumping i can live without it but i like to have it, keeps the tempo of my pedal strokes up.

|-Mark-|

Likes Dirt
i never listen to music while riding.
Takes attention off what ya doing.
and scared of loosing/breaking my mp3 player..

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no. It's dangerous.

can't hear cars coming, traffic, pedestrians etc. Anything which may give you those extra few seconds before you get into an accident may save you.
Not to mention while listening to music you lose focus.
But why?

I find riding a pleasure. Why would anybody who enjoys riding have to listen to music?

Listen to the sounds of the bike. Beats any music!

EDIT: I dont understand why so many people have voted yes. Next time you go for a ride, count how many people riding listen to music. Almost none I'll guarentee. Its almost 50/50 in the pole but its more like 1/99 on the streets. can anybody explain this?

Last edited:

froghair

Squid
my girlfriend is always busting my chops about how loud i play my mp3 when riding, but i like it. i have 3 different ride mixes dependant on what sort of mood im in, mostly its hard and fast. it is surprising though that even though i have it loud you develop a six sense and pick up on cars coming up behind you..........riding at night with music ads a new angle to single track riding

kurto

Likes Bikes
yeah i feel i get more pumped and get a better flow going
some thing fast though
RAGM or AC/DC