The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Chill mate... I don't think you'll find things will change greatly. The reality is IMO that the vast majority of Aussies are pretty unaffected by who's in power... it's all just advertising shit to make you want to let one person do it more than another. If you really think your quality of life is going to change significantly then maybe you need to spend a few hours really considering what changes are ACTUALLY going to happen. Sure, things will vary a bit, but they always do regardless of who's currently got the PM dunce hat.
Whoa, easy there tiger - this is an election, take that logic and reason elsewhere and let histrionics and hissy fits prevail!

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Quote of the evening by Kerry O'Brian when talking about the Bennelong seat:

"There's a 6.1 percent swing to the ABC-I mean Labor!"

:D
Hahahahahahahahahahahah

nice!

Bennelong is still in doubt BTW. It seems it's going to go down to the wire - postal votes.

I hope yours is in johnny.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
When the revolution comes, capitalist pigs like you will be first against the wall...;)

Oh yeah, looks like it may be coming tonight...
Don't call me a pig for being successful. If I have to change anything that makes me worse off under Elmor Fudd's reign then I will be knocking on his door.
In my case it is better the devil you know. Rudd and his bunch of wanna be's haven't done didley squat in regards to running this country (.......ever!) and I fail to understand how they will just walk into someone's office and start running our lives (to an extent).
For me and my family, now isn't the time for change. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't give two hoots about climate change because it is just some raunchy money spin that idiots are cashing in on and I don't give two hoots about Kyoto. What I care about is family, our jobs (which has nothing to do with work choices), our tax money and everything else political in our lives. Nothing is bad for me so I'm not interested in change.
He is a tyre kicking moron leading a bunch of blind folded people into a big hole. He'll drag the bulk of the hard working counrty down with him and make ammends by making us (......you!) pay more in tax.
However, I could be wrong and things could be merry and we'll all get free tickets the circus and live in a correctly cooled globe paying less tax and affording to pay off our homes. Time will tell..............

scooter

Likes Bikes
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

FUCK!:mad:
Woohoo! Mal Brough, Andrew Laming, Cameron Thomson and Gary fuckin' Hardgrave, the door's that way boys. Don't let it hit yer arse on the way out!

Edit: requesting a mod to embed an mp3 of Kool and the gang: Celebration into this thread.

Ryan

Radministrator
Don't call me a pig for being successful. If I have to change anything that makes me worse off under Elmor Fudd's reign then I will be knocking on his door.
In my case it is better the devil you know. Rudd and his bunch of wanna be's haven't done didley squat in regards to running this country (.......ever!) and I fail to understand how they will just walk into someone's office and start running our lives (to an extent).
For me and my family, now isn't the time for change. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't give two hoots about climate change because it is just some raunchy money spin that idiots are cashing in on and I don't give two hoots about Kyoto. What I care about is family, our jobs (which has nothing to do with work choices), our tax money and everything else political in our lives. Nothing is bad for me so I'm not interested in change.
He is a tyre kicking moron leading a bunch of blind folded people into a big hole. He'll drag the bulk of the hard working counrty down with him and make ammends by making us (......you!) pay more in tax.
However, I could be wrong and things could be merry and we'll all get free tickets the circus and live in a correctly cooled globe paying less tax and affording to pay off our homes. Time will tell..............
Careful! Don't tip the communists off that you have family or they'll be in trouble when the purge comes as well!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm sitting in a pub across from the Aussie embassy drinking ice cold coopers..., over the bar cheaper than I can buy it for in a bottle shop in Adelaide.

Howard is out, I personally voted aghainst him, my girlfriend is faithfully waiting for me at home for when I arrive drunk and worked up.

It's a great life, baby. :cool:

Drew.

Eats Squid
Luckily 15 year olds with rich daddys who can barely read their own name, let alone a newspaper, aren't allowed to vote.

Young people vote Liberal for one reason only; Daddy is rich and he told them to.

;)
Phft the only reason you voted for Labour is so you can continue with your strikes. While the rest of us get bent over and fucked up the arse.

Ryan

Radministrator
Phft the only reason you voted for Labour is so you can continue with your strikes. While the rest of us get bent over and fucked up the arse.
Yes. This is exactly what will happen. On Monday you will be unemployed, the average tax rate will be over 50% and interest rates will have tripled.

Clearly you have a firm grasp of the relevant issues. Kudos.

I'm not even union, so I couldn't strike even if I wanted to.

Last edited:

scooter

Likes Bikes
For me and my family, now isn't the time for change. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't give two hoots about climate change because it is just some raunchy money spin that idiots are cashing in on and I don't give two hoots about Kyoto. What I care about is family, our jobs (which has nothing to do with work choices), our tax money and everything else political in our lives.
Yeah, fuck everyone else. Who gives a shit if the poor people get fucked over be the effects of climate change, I'm rich enough to pay for aircon and water. It's not going to happen anyway, it's a myth perpetrated by 99.99% of the scientific community, what they fuck would they know? Why couldn't these dipshits across Australia vote in my interests rather than their own. :mad:

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Yeah, fuck everyone else. Who gives a shit if the poor people get fucked over be the effects of climate change, I'm rich enough to pay for aircon and water. It's not going to happen anyway, it's a myth perpetrated by 99.99% of the scientific community, what they fuck would they know? Why couldn't these dipshits across Australia vote in my interests rather than their own. :mad:
Haha mate you said it better than I ever could. Howard campaigns have always been designed to appeal to people like this though.

"yay, $300 tax break, I'll vote for him"

S.

ex offender
hahaha mate, think of it this way:
When you wake up each morning, are you actually going to be any less happy? If not, relax... if so, work out exactly why and set to work on it.

I did like that last line though... "live in a correctly cooled globe" ahahaha

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Time to move to Saudi, that is all I can muster at the moment:(

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Just remember people, don't get that worked up. There ain't much difference between Liberal and Labor. In fact, they're almost identical.

Just like S. said, you probably aren't going to experience much of a change, if any.:(

But, that's democracy for ya.

So settle down rich kids. Mom and Dad will still buy your stuff for ya.