Pikes or argyles for what i do?

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hi everyone im pretty new to Farkin and i've done a search but didnt find percifically what i wanted. so im just wondering what i should get. i was thinking of getting a new stp0 so with the pikes. but i was thinking i might build up a santa cruz jackal with some argyles. what i will be useing the bike for is street, dj and 4x. So what bike or forks would be worth getting percifically thinking of 4x and i dont want a 4x bike coz i'll probally only do 4x every weak or so. oh i also go for the occasional free ride.

.......Cheers......

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
G'day mate, welcome to Farkin.

When asking questions about parts and stuff, please use the Parts 'n Stuff section.

Will move this for you now.

Regards
johnny the netbot.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Johnny has lots of names tonight, doesn't he.
He sure does. Maybe something more fitting to sign off on would be;

Regards,
johnny the schizophrenic

As for argyles or pikes. Find a mate, or bikes store that stocks them and have a ride of both. They both have quite distinct riding qualities and you'll feel it when you try them. From the sounds of it however, it seems that you want the forks for more general use (no specific riding style) - if this is the case get pikes. Slam em down for street/dj, crank them up for those bigger hits. Will also depend on what kind of weight you are. If your on the heavy side and aren't the smoothest cat around, probably lean towards the argyles.

Last edited:

nath123

Squid
I read in a magasine that argyles are similar to pikes, tehy are jst stronger in areas liek the upper tubes that make them stronger for dirt and stuff. i have soem argyles and ride park and dirt and they run very nicely. only problem is they occasionally bottom out.

|Matt|

Banned
He sure does. Maybe something more fitting to sign off on would be;

Regards,
johnny the schizophrenic
Despite what most people think....schizophrenia does not cause a split personality, even though the word translated is 'split mind'. If you want to describe someone having split personalities, you would say they have 'dissociative identity disorder'.

I'd go for Pikes. I'm a big kid, I downhilled, dirt jumped, 4x'd and street...ed my old ones and they were fine. Not bent, no funny sounds, no nothing. Pikes have the adjustment and enough strength, so +1 for Pikes.

little norco boy

Likes Dirt
forks

Hey
I havent ridden on either of these forks or used them but from what I've read and seen and heard from people I'd say the Argyles because their better for what you want to ride.

Anyway good luck with it

Cheers Jesse

:):D:rolleyes:

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok thanks guys, i have one more question though. are argyles adjustable? sorry if it sounds like a stupid question.

chelsea_fan7

Likes Dirt
they have few little adjustments like rebound etc. but if you wanted to drop them down to 80mm or so then you would probably have to take them to your lbs to get it done (unless you are skillful enough in this area)

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
ok thanks guys, i have one more question though. are argyles adjustable? sorry if it sounds like a stupid question.
It depends on what model you get. The 302 has rebound, 318 has the motion control (compression) and also rebound, the 409 being air is a bit lighter and has the motion control with floodgate, rebound and air pressure adjust.

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok sounds to me like i should get pikes pikes were my first thought so i'll stay with em. thanks everyone who replied to this. i cant wait till i get my new bike :D

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im gonna get a stp 0 2007 but then sell frame and get a santa cruz jackal frame and make a few other adjustments. sound like a good idea?