WTB: 20" kids MTB rear wheel disc capable

Jrok

Likes Dirt
Item: 20" MTB rear wheel disc capable
Price range/Willing to Pay: up to 50?
Extra Info: looking for a 20" MTB rear wheel that is disc capable for my youngest son's 20" MTB. 7 speed off the top of my head. His current bike has disc front and canti back so looking for a bit more stopping power. Frame has mounts for a caliper. Its a polygon 20" with twist shift, current cassette is good so with or without is fine. Thanks for reading! Jez :)

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Hey Jez, I might have all the bits needed to build a 20" disc wheel - if you're interested in doing that?
I was going to do the same for my son's old 20" but ended up just running mech disc front and v-brake rear instead.
I should have a new rim, old 135mm QR hub (8-10sp cassette compatible) and hopefully the correct sized spokes. I'll have a look in the shed tomorrow.

Just check what width hub your son's bike has. Some of the cheaper 7 speed kids bikes can have 130mm spacing.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
1000012225.jpg

1000012226.jpg

The rim appears to be drilled slightly offset. I'm certain I got it from eBay.

Dt Swiss 370 QR 6 bolt hub.

I don't have any appropriately sized spokes, sorry.

A rudimentary measure puts the erd at around 384. But don't take my word for it!
Prowheelbuilder says this for spoke lengths needed:
(If I measured the erd correctly)
1000012227.png

Jrok

Likes Dirt
Hi! I've pulled apart just about every aspect of bikes and other machines but I have never built a wheel maybe it is time for me to think about doing one!