What makes a good 4x track..

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Ty said:
ok heres one that some people disagree with, make it rough enough that it would be slower to do on a BMX, i reckon you could get around Lobb street and the Mogil track quicker on a 20 inch, make something that forces you over rougher ground that mountain bikes are designed to ride over.
By rights, 4x is a mountian bike dicipline, therefore you are required to have at least 24 inch wheels and five working gears, so bmx and cruisers are not allowed.

Fair enough comment though because in reality you will get weekend riders use the track on BMX and cruisers.

blacky

Likes Dirt
lobb st is far from perfect,but it is a start,it is much harder building than talking,beleive me i know,when i started shaping lobb st in the bob cat it is so hard to build to you original plan but we stuck to it and decided to race the track and learn from that what worked etc ,lobb st needs to be wider and the start is way to flat,but it is a start . It will be good when some other tracks get built,1 thing i think we have acheived is 4x is alive again.

Ty

Eats Squid
i don't think i've ever posted this

"some guy trying to hit the lobb st step up in his cruiser while roadie rob defends it with is life (or something like that)"

Tom

Likes Bikes
I think it needs at least one hip into a berm and some big flat doubles that you hit at top speed. The UK tracks are the ones to look at as they have been racing BSX/QuaD for as long or longer than anyone.

Is the Lobb st track rideable anytime or only race days?

blacky

Likes Dirt
any time tom
but if you ride it it would be nice if you help fix it on the club working bees,normaly before a race