Variety of Lock-On's - what sort are out there

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Hey i'm interested in buying some Lock on grips, because i want that WANK FACTOR, and also so my grip doesn't wank around! what kinda lock-ons are available in aus and how much do they cost? all i can think of is intense lock-ons and apparently they are millions of bling bling. Your help or any sort of positive/negative input regarding lock-ons (whether it be a certain brand or just general) would be really appreciated, and god will repay you (ahahaha ALLAH)

THANKS

-take care

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
frankensteed got given a set of oury's today!
i can't afford them, don't ride hard enough to need them, but i'll eat noodles for a week to have them.
they cost me $60. when you consider that normal oury's are like $25-30, thats not to bad.
they feel great. almost exactly like regular oury's. maybe just a touch firmer, but not much. very happy.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
If you have little hands I can get some bmx lock ons for $30- they do however have a hard flange.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Fuzzy said:
Da bomb make some lock ons for 30
they do too..... i looked up the website - looks like when i get some cash i'll be getting a pair of them...
how much are lizard skin lock-ons

Cruz

Likes Dirt
There is only one good secure lock-on grip and that is Odi. No one else can be as good as Odi patented their design. Just pick the grip that suits your hands as they have thick and thin, soft and hard etc. One of the UK mags tested them all a couple of mags back and all the Odi's came out on top. Might have been in What Mountainbike I think.

Just be careful with the small allen head bolts as they can be easily rounded out if done up too tight.

Non Oury Odi's are about $40 to $50 a set and mine are still good after nearly 3 years.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Odi ruffians are the gear, I've got em on all my bikes, wouldn't be without them. They never slip and are really comfortable.Go the odi's.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
most of you know already know, but for the rest, the oury lock-ons are odi's as well, just with oury grips.

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
i got ODI intense lockones, they for only like 55 bucks and there awesome!, i mainly got them as they have the flange on them, which i like as coming from a BMX background...highly recomend!
lock ons = no more throttle grip for me! :D

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
odi ruffans are the best grips i have ever felt. I rode a dh bike with them and they were supersoft, super tacky and super comfy. ODI ODI ODI

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From the Odi range i like the ruffians
but i like fat grips

the Lock on Ourys are slightly thinner then standard Ourys