Update on club status

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Could we have an update on the club's status? are we incorporated yet?

Is it still in the works, or is it being processed by dept. of state dev?

Certificate of Incorporation of the TOOWOOMBA MOUNTAIN BIKE CLUB INC. arrived in the mail yesterday. All we need now is our official rubber stamp!

MrPlow

TMBC
J5ive, If you are incorporated you are less venerable from being sued, that is the execs & members of your club.
Also, you cannot apply for grants (eg, gaming grant) without inc.
That's about it.

Speshul K

Likes Dirt
MrPlow said:
(eg, gaming grant)
So where is the club going to put the pokies??? Concordia might have a spare room but I doubt it would go down well. Mibus might narky :) (is he still there)

timmo

Likes Dirt
tommo said:
So where is the club going to put the pokies??? Concordia might have a spare room but I doubt it would go down well. Mibus might narky :) (is he still there)
I might be taking this far too straight and have missed any tongue-in-cheekness here (if so sorry), but what MrPlow is talking about is grants from the proceeds of gaming.

There is some state govt law that says that a certain percentage (I think around 5%) of profit/revenue (not sure which) has to go to local sporting/community clubs. This money is put in a funding pool administered by the govt, and clubs can make proposals and apply for grants from this fund.

I know that footy clubs I have been involved with in the past have benefited from this.

See http://www.gcbf.qld.gov.au for more.

Last edited:

MrPlow

TMBC
Timmo is right once again. So on top of the monie that council can get us for facilities. We may be able to get a seperate grant for club improvement. This we can spend on things like timing equipment, maybe some catering gear etc. Trailers,, jerseys? Umm I dunno, but it is money and having our mayors signature and support on our grant application should help things along quite nicely ;) :D

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Ok, sounds good. Maybe when we have a spare $100. :rolleyes:

Mtba renual time too. SO our club is offically broke (Rockhampton club). But we need $100 to apply for grants. Like what the fuck is this system on! :(

And don't start me on the hoops for getting land.

MrPlow

TMBC
j5ive said:
Ok, sounds good. Maybe when we have a spare $100. :rolleyes:

Mtba renual time too. SO our club is offically broke (Rockhampton club). But we need $100 to apply for grants. Like what the fuck is this system on! :(

And don't start me on the hoops for getting land.
Don't fight it mate, give in and move to Toowoomba :p

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
I lived there for 2 years. When I started riding there I was the first rider to come to a club ride with riser bars :eek: and Jarad was wearing lycra, lyndsay was on an indy equiped mongoose and the yuri was all the go :D

A few mates and myself started lefty. It was first called Cookies and Cream though, my bro still lives there so I head down now and then. Missed the 4x race, which sucked. Can't wait to check the dh.