Training partner wanted

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
Hi all

I'm looking for a training partner.

I'm a Super Masters rider, keen on the shorter XC events at State and Aust level. I'm pretty fast and fairly committed. You can check out my times on strava.com to get an idea of my level. I've done a 56min Donna and do KL in 20min give or take, I did the Alpine Classic 250 in just over 10 hours.

I've been racing on the MTB for about a year now and picked up placings at State level and won the series title.

I'm looking for someone to train with both on and off-road. Someone to put together training plans with, ride with, mutual support at events, help with motivation etc. I live in the inner north of Melbourne and prefer to train on the road out north - Warrandyte, KL, etc. Intervals on hawthorn blvd, etc.

I'm pretty systematic about my training and fairly focussed. I base my training on a periodised Friel like plan and base all sessions on power outputs and goals using WKO to track progress. I probably average about 15 hours a week on the bike when in training.

This year I hope to do the rest of the Vic and Aust series XCO events as key goals and then train up for the same next year. So racing / maintenance for the next few months, a little downtime and then a solid build across late Winter and Spring before lifting the intensity into the racing season.

Anyone out there interested? You wouldn't need to have exactly the same goals, but we would need to be able to develop similar plans. Happy to pass on my knowledge of training plans etc.

Respond here or PM me.

cheers

David