The bike mechanic activity I hate the most.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Hmm... With a schrader valve adapter on the end of that it might actually work pretty well.
The tube that normally inserts into the main body is attached to the wand end (after you've removed the wand first!). This tube fits perfectly over a Presta valve (with core removed). I've got the e*thirteen quickfill valves and it fits inside no problem.

I'm calling it the HoBlowJo

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Setting up tyres with inserts! How much time and effort it takes is just too unpredictable.

You spend all the effort you can muster pushing the bead under the insert into the channel to barely manage to get the tyre on. Once the tyre is on you need to somehow pry the bead that is stuck under the insert out because you can't get it to hold enough air to seat the bead. Shifting the bead around with the insert in there is not easy and my hands are already sore.

Of course the first set of wheels I swapped over (the fronts) went pretty smoothly and I decided I could squeeze time to do the rear. On the plus side my bikes look better with the right wheels on them despite being only hub and spoke colour changes between the wheels. Unfortunately I gave up and need to have another go after my hand have some recovery time and my frustration subsides.
Sure fitting with inserts is a shit of a thing, but I'd have to say removing tyres with inserts in them is a shitload worse. On some rim/tyre combos, unseating from the locking bead is bad enough without inserts - inserts add a whole extra dimension of damn-near impossibility, and they can fuck right off!

LPG

likes thicc birds
Sure fitting with inserts is a shit of a thing, but I'd have to say removing tyres with inserts in them is a shitload worse. On some rim/tyre combos, unseating from the locking bead is bad enough without inserts - inserts add a whole extra dimension of damn-near impossibility, and they can fuck right off!
I definitely agreed with that the first time or two. Now I'm pretty good at getting them on and off now that I have the movement right. It feels like the position I am getting the bead in is held off the beadlock the same way the insert holds it on the bead lock once beaded.

Edit: it seems to be a bigger issue on one rear wheel in particular, possibly the narrower tyre at the bottom of the recommended range for the insert or the rim design/internal shape after replacing the old rim from when I believed "I don't need inserts".

Last edited:

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Look at you lot with your purpose built pressure containers.

View attachment 406450

You haven't lived, I tell ya. You haven't lived.
that looks just like my V1.. but didn't gaffa the lid, so of course it blew up...

V2 was a little more classy (more air volume but lower pressure/flow.. for motion detector pest water squirterer)
1705927929419.png

I have a big compressor... but it's noisy as all fk.. neighbours hate it...even i hate it

Do you all live out the back of bumfuck with no close neighbours? Jeebus
sometimes you just gotta build gadgets