started riding street/park tips/tricks recomend for beginer

wattsti

Cannon Fodder
hey, ive recently started riding street/park, i am fairly av i can feble, double peg, 180 and drop in, just looking for any recommendations for tricks or anything in general to help me out with ramps ect.
cheers in advance

michael-96

Likes Bikes
a few tricks i learnt when i first started was nac, can, 360, tail tap and turdowns and then i just went from there there all fairly easy tricks and there all really fun :)

I found 360s were easier to learn than I thought with these new light bikes. and they look cool. x-ups? maybe learn to disaster, they aren't too hard.

havent been to much into street, but one thing that really improves your all round riding (even DH, xc etc, if you decide to do that one day) is just playing around with the basics, bunny hops, spins, wheelies and even skids, they all help your riding. Just have fun, and most things with practice will come naturally.

gizmoe

Squid
Saying 360's are easy?

Confidence would be my No1 suggestion.

I can do 180 no dramas roll along backwards & then spin back around & keep riding, bunny hop up 80cm ledges "just" (measured some up today that I was doing yesterday), but stuffs me how to 360....

I'm 35 going on 36 & only had the Mirraco Essex about 2 months so I could go riding with my daughter who has just turned 4 & I want to learn tricks, but I can only do stuff I did when I was 15 & that was the very basics that I'm doing now.

I can drop off just about anything up to probably 2m high, bunny hop abit, ride backwards, almost pull off the frame spin 360 thingy, can do endo & bounce around on the back wheel for ages, Balance pretty well, but again all basic stuff.

I dont even know the name of the tricks, but I'm keen to have a crack.

lysdexia

Squid
hop barspin is not massively hard
no footer can is way easy on a newer low standover height frame
x up, 1 hander, tuck no hander if you're game to learn it

all pretty easy to learn