Shuttle Days

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Following on from tonight, I'd be happy to organize a fortnightly shuttles run.

Just wondering, how much does it cost to hire a suitable sized bus for 1 day?

Also, where do we get the trailers from in town? Preferably just a hollow cage one like the one we used a few years ago.

If I could get this info then I'd be happy to organize it each fortnight, etc.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,

Following on from tonight, I'd be happy to organize a fortnightly shuttles run.

Just wondering, how much does it cost to hire a suitable sized bus for 1 day?

Also, where do we get the trailers from in town? Preferably just a hollow cage one like the one we used a few years ago.

If I could get this info then I'd be happy to organize it each fortnight, etc.
Try these guys

http://www.avis.com.au/car-rental/location/details.ac

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brayden the trailer and bus should cost around $500 for the day. Most of the servo's do cage trailers. Avis or thrifty should be able to do a bus.

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Would it be logical to start off with members only and have a small bus going for a start (21 seater at $200/day) and then expand once we get the ball rolling?

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would it be logical to start off with members only and have a small bus going for a start (21 seater at $200/day) and then expand once we get the ball rolling?
Brayden,
The idea of expanding once the ball is rolling is the go.

It might be an idea to look at a 12-14 seater for a start. They are a bit cheaper again, and i'm pretty sure you can drive them on a normal care license (the hire mobs will want drivers to be over 25 though), this opens it up a bit more for mums/dads etc to volunteer to drive.

Once numbers grow, we can look at the 21+ seaters, though drivers will need a heavy vehicle licence (MR, HR or better i think), and we will be limited for volunteers or even payed drivers. We may have to again look at getting one of the coach companies to solve this problem, i believe this is where Ryan got the $500 figure from too.

Hope this helps.

joy boy

Likes Dirt
http://www.farkin.net/forums/showthread.php?t=168317

I know the club was looking into a trailer a while ago, $1100 neg.
It doesn't hold many bikes, we need 1 at the moment for basic runs days but wouldn't be to help at the race.

Look into the minibus and we're look at around $150 from 9:00-4:30 (thought that would be enough time.) I'll be looking at cost of trailer's possibly tomorrow.

Since it's members only, I'm guessing we wouldn't need to issue day licenses, correct me if I'm wrong.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It doesn't hold many bikes, we need 1 at the moment for basic runs days but wouldn't be to help at the race.

Look into the minibus and we're look at around $150 from 9:00-4:30 (thought that would be enough time.) I'll be looking at cost of trailer's possibly tomorrow.

Since it's members only, I'm guessing we wouldn't need to issue day licenses, correct me if I'm wrong.
If you open it up to non memebers and issue day licenses the chances of making some money could be good, charge the cost of the day license + $15-$20 for the day.