Shaving legs

chrus

Likes Dirt
SPyX said:
I for some completely ridiculous reason... shaved my legs, after being convinced to do it by a couple of guys, one being a pro XC rider and other a DH/DJer..
hahaha that was me. oh u look sexy tom hahaha ;)

SPyX

Likes Dirt
chrus said:
SPyX said:
I for some completely ridiculous reason... shaved my legs, after being convinced to do it by a couple of guys, one being a pro XC rider and other a DH/DJer..
hahaha that was me. oh u look sexy tom hahaha ;)
Bahaha!

lol they're growing back! Almost past the "prickly" stage! :p

carbonboy

Likes Dirt
if your gonna shave,
where do stop?
i mean,the rug goes from top to toes.
Just where do you draw(or shave) the line?
Full body waxing has got to hurt.

protecon

Likes Dirt
ruthlessgirl said:
but i' a girl...
So you keep saying.

As far as the feeling the cold "less" with shaved legs - I'd say that was a misconception.
As humans, we naturally have hair to create a blanket of air to insulate us against the differing temperature of our surroundings. Air is actually a bad conductor of heat as opposed to moisture laded skin.
The autonomic reaction to produce sweat, thereby increasing the heat transfer to the surrounding air, is an example of this.

I have no idea how this is relevant to brazillian waxing.

Sidenote : Humans have no perception of "cold" - it is actually the loss of heat that produces this sensation.

SPyX

Likes Dirt
carbonboy said:
if your gonna shave,
where do stop?
i mean,the rug goes from top to toes.
Just where do you draw(or shave) the line?
Full body waxing has got to hurt.
Well usually people shave to the knick-line, if you're a XC rider..

That's where I went.. and went being past tense not current :oops:

TOSS3R

Likes Dirt
Mr Pants said:
The only and somewhat sad reason pros and wannabe pros shave up is because it impresses chix. 8) Pants
i am offended..i ride mtb, (xc and dh), bmx, road and track...i shave my legs because the track surface i ride on rips ypou up if you stack on it with hair and only gives you a little friction burn if you dont...and why would i need shiney legs to impress the girls when i have three sexy bikes??? it aint fro wind resistance, that is the most rediculous this i have ever heard..

shaven and proud 8)

SPyX

Likes Dirt
TOSS3R said:
Mr Pants said:
The only and somewhat sad reason pros and wannabe pros shave up is because it impresses chix. 8) Pants
i am offended..i ride mtb, (xc and dh), bmx, road and track...i shave my legs because the track surface i ride on rips ypou up if you stack on it with hair and only gives you a little friction burn if you dont...and why would i need shiney legs to impress the girls when i have three sexy bikes??? it aint fro wind resistance, that is the most rediculous this i have ever heard..

shaven and proud 8)
Good on yah! :p

Tim

Likes Dirt
i have trouble finding time to shave my face let alone any other part of my body........ i dont know how chicks do it. But yes it certainly does impress me.

Tim

ruthlessgirl

token forum girl
it does take time! I like the way it looks on me, as for guys, whatever either way doesn't matter to me... furry or naked if ya got nice legs ya got nice legs! 8)

snow_rider

Likes Dirt
i think that shaving your legs for cycling is bullshit (for guys that is) but it is because there is less friction or some crap but i think it is more for road bikers

luckyphil

Likes Dirt
shudup snow_rider. there's plenty of reasons to shave your legs, ever heard of reading everybody elses posts? try getting hit by a car then scrapping along the ground for a few meters when your clipped in. then try and pick the gravel out of your cuts, then try puting patches over them and having to change them for weeks as they heal.
then, you'll think to yourself, why dont i shave my legs?

Dane

Likes Dirt
snow_rider said:
i think that shaving your legs for cycling is bullshit (for guys that is) but it is because there is less friction or some crap but i think it is more for road bikers
i think ur a post whore:

Total posts: 40
[0.02% of total / 40.00 posts per day]

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
smooth said:
schmook said:
I dunno much about the coveted back,crack and sack wax but I know plenty of females who get brazilians to impress the opposite sex. (it usually works from my understanding.)
Why yes...Yes i dose!
there's nothing wrong with a brazillian on me- makes me go faster

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i wouldnt shave my legs and this is my opinion as 1.) id get teased like hell at schhol
2.)i ride dirt

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
I ride dirt too dude and I shave. When you wear knicks all the time and get infected hairs from the lycra you would as well. But you ride dirt rexy so you wouldn't know what lycra is, right?:)

For the how high question. All the way up. Just leaving a little on the inside for equipment comfort. Don't want stubble in the swinging zone. If you are going to loose bark it is going to happen on the outside of the calf, the knee and the hip. So you might as well get rid of it all over. I am not Italian and don't wear a gold chain around my thighs.