Royal NP - Lakes Trail Closed for 3 weeks

Dumbellina

Likes Dirt
NPWS have just advised that:

"Works to upgrade the Lakes Trail, the track that connects Loftus and Engadine, will commence late this week/early next week.

"This area is considered a construction site and therefore entry to this track will not be allowed for approximately 3 weeks (maybe less). We apologise for the inconvenience and short notice.

The Trail will be upgraded to a fire trail, so no more having to "walk" (ie ride) bikes. There should be no environmental constraints once constructed (because some wanted to see it closed to bikes).

Gekigengar

Likes Dirt
is that track is closed why did i see signs saying underconstruction just accross the road from... " blair witch" .... and the firetrail just outside the rangers house.? is that trai under construction too?

Dumbellina

Likes Dirt
arpit said:
What environmental concerns are there, currently?
The sandy soil made it prone to erosion. This will be dealt with be bulldozing, grading and modifying the bejesus out it, oh and managing the erosion with silt traps.

Gekigengar, the Lakes Trail connects Loftus, the trail head is near the start of the cyclone fence where the Princes Highway crosses the train lines, to Engadine where it connects with the firetrail (forget its name).

I have attached the Royal Cycling Plan for more information and map.

Attachments

arpit

Banned
Dumbellina said:
The sandy soil made it prone to erosion. This will be dealt with be bulldozing, grading
:rolleyes:

Dumbellina said:
I have attached the Royal Cycling Plan for more information and map.
Thanks mate, It was good to be able to have a look through that.