Riding May Day weekend

LaverdaDave

Likes Bikes
Anyone up for a ride or have any plans? I am slightly injured and still have not resolved my gearing issue so an easy ride without too many uphills will suit me. How about Monday at 8am?

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Possibly heading out Sunday night about 7pm for an hour or 2. Departing Bridge Street quarry. Obviously good lights, hydration and good operating bike a must

Motawat

Likes Bikes
Possibly heading out Sunday night about 7pm for an hour or 2. Departing Bridge Street quarry. Obviously good lights, hydration and good operating bike a must
Should be good for a ride this weekend - a night ride would be different. Any idea of where to and back from - just want to gauge if my fitness is up to it:)

joy boy

Likes Dirt
I've been really keen to head out and try night riding, has anybody got a spare set of lights I could borrow? Don't have to be awesome, just have to do the job.

Otherwise Monday 8am sounds good, been oversea's for a while and haven't ridden a bicycle in a month, so an easy one would be good.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Should be good for a ride this weekend - a night ride would be different. Any idea of where to and back from - just want to gauge if my fitness is up to it:)
Think we will hit up Redwood to Picnic Point, climb out from there. depending on the trail conditions. Will be a bit of climbing but happy to wait for anyone at the top.
Good lights are essential a dolphin torch taped to your bars will not surfice. a rear red light is a must also.
let me know if your coming & we will wait for you @ the quarry.

joy boy

Likes Dirt
At this stage looks like I'm out. I'm waiting for my brother to bring up his old lights, so I'll tag along eventually.

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
I believe those trails may still be closed

I'd check that out before hand.

Council have been doing quite a bit of work on the "bridle trail" firetrails in Jubillee park
recently, and they are definately closed.

Kind regards,

Matt

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd check that out before hand.

Council have been doing quite a bit of work on the "bridle trail" firetrails in Jubillee park
recently, and they are definately closed.

Kind regards,

Matt
Cheers, I'm bailing on this anyhow have had an offer of 100+km through the valley on roadie tomorrow morinng which will "fit" better with the family balance.

LaverdaDave

Likes Bikes
Monday 8am

I'm out for this ride due to injury but you are still welcome to use my place as a jump off if you want to ride from Murphys Ck. 07 4630 5087