Riding Easter weekend

LaverdaDave

Likes Bikes
Anyone have any plans for Easter weekend? If I don't hear from anyone else I will try to get out at least one day around Murphys Creek.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Easter Ride

I'd be keen for a ride Anzac day. After Dawn service.

boltz

Likes Dirt
I'd be keen to ride Murphys Ck or Cabarlah some time over Easter. Probably Sat. morn or Monday after Dawn service sounds good.

I might be up for a Monday ride, post dawn service of course. I am in South Toowoomba and keen to get on the mtb instead of the roadie all the time.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'm not from Toowoomba so anything is good for me. Is there any DH or All mtn style tracks we can access? Mt Coutha would be great another time though?

LaverdaDave

Likes Bikes
Sounds like we have a ride

How about 10am meet at 928B Murphys Ck Rd. The house right on top of the crest. It's mountain bike country. Quiet country gravel roads and some four wheel drive tracks. Motowat and I did it last weekend in 5.5 hours (but we did take a couple of wrong turns). I reckon 4 hours riding time for the full circuit. Some quite hard hills. Several bits that I have to walk. It your not inclined to the full circuit you could ride a down and back on the first (easier) part of the circuit.
Any questions phone 4630 5087.

Motawat

Likes Bikes
I'll be there! Are you closer to Mt Kynock or Warrego H/way end of Murphys Ck Rd?
I was there last weekend Steve, on top of the hill where the sign says crest (both ways) about 2 km Postmans Ridge side of Murphys Creek. Allow about 20 minutes from Rangeville, Centenary Heights etc if you go via Withcott. If you live north of Bridge St in Toowoomba its supposedly quicker via Mt Kynoch.

Should be there myself with just a little luck.

Motawat

Likes Bikes
Thanks for another interesting ride today LaverdaDave.

A good variety including some portage across the creeks which was different for a change.

cheers