Ride Report 5/11/05

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a quick note to let everyone know how things went today. After meeting @ 2pm promptly myself, Josh (jeremey sorry mate), Nik & Max spent about 10 minutes discussing the weather at which point it absolutly bucketed down so we reverted to plan B, head to nearest Cafe (jillys) & grab a coffee while we wait for the weather to clear. After some debate regarding the ride we deccided to head towards Picnic Point & reaccess the situation from there about 2 mins on Margaret St we happen across 3 other guys (sorry I have forgot your names) who promptly explained to us that Picnic Point was a boggy mess & that they knew of some cool trails that wouldn't be too bad. After riding out along Robotham Street to a park that slips my memeory we followed the Fire Roads around to Hell Hole park basically all in all we had a bit of fun & meet a few more like minded guys (so what if they all rode giants :D) Unfortunately we lost Josh & assumed he turned around as he was the only guy on a 4X bike in the boggy mess. Great little stint 3hrs worth hopefully we'll catch you on the next outting or better yet at the track building next Saturday.
:D :D :D

MrPlow

TMBC
What is it with mountain bikers and temporary amnesia?
Sounds like a great un-official club ride you guys had.
Did you hold a water bottle to their head and make them join the club Aaron?

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nah since yesterday was they fortnightly club & all I believe they were all club members Greg, so I didn't have to resort to violience. Will pm you some details though so you can organise some info for a couple of them.
And as for the quality of the giants ryan well 1 had gear trouble & the other kept suspisiously lossing/sliding the rear end maybe some kind of brake/grip problem
:D

Last edited:

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mud Ride Sat 5/11/05

Went For A Burn On Saturday After The Rain Around 2pm. Started Out At The Rifle Range, Onto The Downhill Track, Then Across Jubilee To Redwood.

All Was Good To This Point, The Tracks Were Nice And Tacky And Had A Blast.

We Then Went Into Redwood Across To The Range Crossing And Back Home Up Old Toll Bar. Within The First 500m Of This Leg I Was Regreting It. It Was That Slippery Through All The Down Stuff. By The Time We Got To The Climb, The Rear Of My Bike Had Ceased Up Because Of All The Mud, Leaves And Twigs Jammed Between The Brakes, Shock And Rear Quarter. I Carried My Bike Till It Was Worth Unclogging @ The Highway.

All In All It Was Eventful And I Managed To Stay On The Bike The Whole Time Apart From The Carry.