Product Review Pro E4 brakes

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Shame they don’t seem to offer a lever only option given they play nicely with Shimano calipers (and presumably Magura).
Well not the "Pro E4" ones but ZRACE have them as just levers... They show them without the thumb screw reach adjusters but I queried them and they can swap them to the ones with.
Screenshot_20230829_075756_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Screenshot_20230829_075809_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Screenshot_20230829_075824_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$9.84 30%OFF | ZRACE M1 X2 / X4 Mountain Bike Hydraulic Brake,Full CNC Lightweight, MTB Oil Pressure Disc Brake Set, Front and Rear MTB Brake

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$9.84 30%OFF | ZRACE M1 X2 / X4 Mountain Bike Hydraulic Brake,Full CNC Lightweight, MTB Oil Pressure Disc Brake Set, Front and Rear MTB Brake
Maybe see if they can knock a bit off the price for lever only?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Anyone still running these how are they gping longer term?
Yep!

I ended up ditching my Shim-e4 experiment and reinstated them to stock e4 setup to put on my hardtail. The hardtail has been my bike of choice for the last few months and the brakes have been in use around 2 times a week since maybe January.
They still work well. We've had mostly dusty conditions all summer, but the last week has been muddy and...they still stop me. I'm a midget though, so take that with a pinch of salt.

Avoid them if you don't like on/off feeling brakes.

For the price I rate them.