Not Happy

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
This morning I went down to my local track, Black Betty, to do some work on cutting the lower half of the trail after some light rain earlier on.

When I arrived at the main drop, I discovered that some little sh*t had removed the structure, and moved all the large pieces of rock that the takeoff was sitting on, closer to the landing; in other words, modifying the drop to make it easier for them to hit.

If there's anything that really, reallly pisses me off, its that sort of disrespectful behaviour on a track that I spend many hours maintaining and working on. These boulders are too heavy to lift, and would have taken a good few hours to move, so whoever did it, did it with purpose and intention.

Also, on a very small rock drop further down, that is relatively new, I found a haggard piece of shore over it to roll down onto the landing. I spent half of my precious time fixing the whole lot today, instead of progressing with the trail cutting.

Another disturbing thing is the fact that somebody took it upon themselves to chop down a LIVE tree, near the top of the track to make a section slightly easier

Just a word of warning, if you are/aren't on farkin, and have been modifying the trail; If I EVER catch you, or anybody, modifying stunts on our track, especially to make it easier/better suited to your taste, you better lock up your wife and your daughter, your pet dog or your goldfish. I will come hunting for you.

Don't mess with the best.

Last edited:

mpdowling

Likes Bikes and Dirt
:mad: :mad: not happy at all! was that all the damage that was done? could it have been the same poeple who were changing the b. line aswell? is fedex back to the normal hight again? this has made me furious! it wasn't even that hard of a drop aswell, i hope its not ruined i was hoping to come out for a build/ride this weekend :mad:

hubbie

Forever 1,337
that sucks ol! Hope you're able to get it back to it's former glory. good luck mate. hope i can get up and lend a hand some time

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
I've now already got a few names and suspects, just in the last few minutes. Hopefully I will be able to get in contact with them to ensure they understand the implications of cutting down trees and modifying stunts.

The really silly thing, is that I intentionally spent a lot of time building a great B-line around the main drop (over 100m long b-line). So i fail to see why anyone has the right to decide to modify the stunt. The whole thing's still too bloddy easy as-is....

Oh and don't worry, it has been fully restored. I will be posting up a trail update a bit later when I can get some pictures of all the new stuff lower down

Sneaky peeky on a bit of what I did today (Now complete):

Last edited:

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks good:) Are the berms spongy due to the amounts of grass that you've had to clear and that is stuck in the dirt or do you pack it down super hard/clear out the grass?

VB valley boy

Likes Bikes
hope you find those poeple and teach them about other people happiness not just theres, they should know that if other people have built it, respect it cause they have put the time and effort in to make a good track and if you see a good line or have an idea build it as long as you dont obstruct any origional part of the trail. i hope im like most people and if there is a stick on the ground or i crash and brake the track i try to fix or move the stick off the trail.

swinnei

Likes Dirt
i wish the poeple that do these things think before they f*** up everyones stuff:mad: usually lil cock head 10 yr olds with hardrocks

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Looks good:) Are the berms spongy due to the amounts of grass that you've had to clear and that is stuck in the dirt or do you pack it down super hard/clear out the grass?
It's packed down, and I don't use grass or debris in the berms. it seems to work quite well apart from eventual erosion from hot, dry days. It's only spongy when its new, but the trick is not to ride it for a few days, so the soil can settle, and the packed stuff can become hard

Goocharlton

Likes Dirt
That really sucks when people do it.
I have a trail and it had a small stepup in the beggining but when i went to check it out they had moved the jump right up the the step so it is a dodgy roleup.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Good on ya mate for going out and fixing it up, riders will be gratetful for it. I'd be pissed off as well, 'Specially when you built a B-line as well.

We got problems as well with 10 year olds on k-marters kicking out drops so they can be rolled and cutting the lips of jumps so they don't get launched.

Good luck with the hacking.

bmgal666

Likes Dirt
hey olly i pm'ed you about me being willing to give you a hand with the trail... hope you catch the little shits