National Championships on the Box

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Our friends at SBS were at both Mount Beauty and Thredbo filming heaps of footage for their regular show "Cycling Central" and for a special 1hr show on the national championships as a whole.

The air time for the 1hr show is 19th February at 11am (on SBS of course). Also, their regular show about all things cycling screens at 5.30pm Sunday evening. It is getting good coverage of MTB activity at present.

As well "Totally Wild" on 10 will have a segment on their show airing on the 21st February at 4pm. The Totally Wild crew catch up with James Maltman and Erica Oldfield, both rising stars in DH and XC respectively, and find out about youth and mountain biking. And if you didn't already know, Totally Wild is a half hour lively and informative program featuring stories on sport and recreation, animals, wildlife and the environment largely directed to youth.

MTBA expresses its enormous thanks to SBS for their continued support of MTB and to the Totally Wild crew for thinking outside the square in presenting MTB as an activity for our youth to get involved in.

Please support them by viewing and perhaps send them a thank you email: SBS - david.mcgrath@sbs.com.au or Totally Wild - KPinkert@networkten.com.au.

demo man

Used to be cool.
hell yeah!

i'll be setting the tape up for that no doubt!

and then, once i watch it, i will of course pop off some e-mails - gotta let the folk know it was appreciated (then they might do it again)!

dhd

Downhill Direct
Hmmmm................Has anyone else realised that a large number of the people who would probably enjoy this most will be lining up to race at Buller at the same time it's aired? DOH!

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
dhd said:
Hmmmm................Has anyone else realised that a large number of the people who would probably enjoy this most will be lining up to race at Buller at the same time it's aired? DOH!
Yes!!! It is very annoying!!!

demo man

Used to be cool.
Bill, if you need a lesson on how to work the VCR i don't mind giving you a hand mate. i know you old tiomers have trouble with that stuff....:p

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
Oh, good, can you sort mine out too???

It's not talking to the TV any more :mad: no idea where the instructions are for either....

At least the video actually works, pity I can't watch it.