Mt Glorious Dh run

Ty

Eats Squid
so we should hook up some free permits and claim we got lost if they find us on some sweet single track Dh run? :)

Oppy

Likes Dirt
I already have a permit somewhere, supposed to tak it with you ever time you ride out there. I did that for 3 years and never got asked for it. Last few years have not bothered to take it with me and got asked once. Gave the ranger my nam,e and said I had it at home and he was not worried about it.

When do you want to go for a look?

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you set a date maybe in these easter holidays, I might think of coming down to help you lads build :) :)

Cam Hart

Likes Dirt
From my understanding, you are allowed to ride on BFP fire roads, however (believe it or not) they are speed limited to 20kms or similar. I did hear a while back of them checking speeds of bikes on fireroads. It is part of their risk management in case a cyclist comes screaming down a fire road and a vehicle, horse or other user is on the track. But sounds like you are away from the main user areas.
Just something to consider.

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Hey Cam you haven't seen me ride I would be flat out braking 20Km/hr on my V10 it's slow..... ;)

Josh apart form the public holidays I don't get time off over easter. Where abouts do you guys live?
I am not far from Gap Creek.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im a toowoomba boy :) But i still wouldnt mind coming down to meet some of the brisvegas crew, and also hook up with the brissy farkin boys again :D

Oppy

Likes Dirt
We'll have to hook up in Toowomba one day for some runs.
Is it true you all have to wear check shirts up there cause your in the country? :eek: Just kidding... :mrgreen:

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
/me bans oppy

:p :p

Nah, its actually straw hats instead of helmets. Most of the time it doesnt hurt when u come off cause we have hay bails stacked along the side of all the tracks :p

But definetely, if some of you guys want to head up to Toowoomba...theres plenty of good riding to be done, just give me a bell :D

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Oppy, you are allowed to ride on the fire trails etc but do not get caught digging or making anything otherwise 4 figure fines could be applicable. I will check up for you about vehicle confiscation laws too, as they are applicable under some circumstances in national parks.

Oppy, look up BFP on the net and then get into the legislation area, do's don'ts etc and the range of offences and the fines available. Hell of a lot of reading but basically it is an offence to take or possess an 'appliance' on BFP land, appliance includes shovels, mattocks etc. Offence to dig on BFP land without permit etc.

Is it worth it?

Build at the Park seems like the best idea.

Billy

Likes Bikes
There is already a crazy vertical downhill up there, it's all fire road, we live nearby, so if you need any help PM me...

we live in Samford..