Mt Coramba open June 2009

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Mt Coramba is accessible again but the roads are still closed Please read this post for how to get there..
As you may be aware, we had some big rain at the start of April. The road to Mt Coramba (Bruxner Park Rd) is closed because of land slides and bridge failures. Please respect the locals and the people working on the road and don't drive up there.

The only way to get to Mt Coramba is to head north along the Pacific Highway through Moonee and turn left into Bucca rd. Once you get to the top of that hill you turn left into Central Bucca Rd. This road will take you all the way to the Mt Coramba turn off. The last bridge you cross has been stuffed by the flooding but it is passable as some roadworks have been done. You can access Mt Coramba. Please keep in mind the shuttle road has gotten worse so only try and access it with a competent driver.
If you have any questions, please ask me.

For the record, both downhill tracks are open for use so get out there and enjoy yourselves!

Update: Bruxner park Rd is open for now but repairs are scheduled on one of the bridges later this month.

Last edited:

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
we lost our car at my mums work (the hospital) but on the good side a new car hoping to get a rav or some 4wdrivy thingy:D
hopefully no one was injured or had significant damage to house cause it would suck

panda1971

Banned
feel really sorry for you guys down there, was a good looking track when we were down there last month, just after the last lot of rain, Dozer dont know how you few guys do so much to keep that trail going,i only hope more people turn up this time for trail care to give a hand. we should be down again later in the year and always willing to lend a hand, cannot believe how much rain good old coffs has had over the past 2 months

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
hows it going, Any Chance it Will be right to go in 2 to 3 weeks??
I haven't heard the exact time frame but I know it will take ages to fix the busted bridges. My guess would be they'll wait for the ground to dry up and then they'll have to do plenty of engineering to re construct something. That in itself may take two or three months.....who knows? I'll keep you posted on what ever happens.

Dug

Likes Dirt
Road Trip

Last edited:

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whats the current status Dozer?
By the sounds of your first post the 18th and 19th will be called off.
cheers

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
Bruxner Park open

For those from out of town, the road up bruxner park to mt coramba is now open. so its back to the way it used to be for those travelling north to the hill. for those travelling south, nothing has changed, road still open and clear.
see you lot on the hill!:D