MRP Bones Combo

Sic

Likes Dirt
Anyone know much about the MRP bones crank guide combo? I havent found many reviews anywhere or much info, I was sorta wondering how heavy they are, how many teeth the chain ring is and basically are they any good. Price wouldnt hurt either, I figure they'd be at least $600 but again I dont really know, any help would be appreciated.

S.

ex offender
Don't know anything about it, but it sounds like something you'd buy from KFC.

dick

Likes Dirt
socket, its the black set that mrp makes. it comes on one of the big hits.
its just the normal mrp chainguide with tubular cranks. im pretty sure anyway,

Sic

Likes Dirt
Yeah thats the one, its here:
http://www.mountainspeed.com/bonescombo/

They look great and I was thinking about getting a bashguard with a 38 tooth ring at the front and fingured why not get it all at once, I just dont know what they're like. I do know that it cost around $550 for the cranks spider and bottom bracket though, so not cheap but what you would expect for 3 piece cranks I guess.

Kel$tr@

Squid
hey man why dont you just get an Aireal guide i got one on my KHS Fetish its sweeet dont give your hard earned $$$$$ to the yanks

Jess_Dawg

Likes Dirt
from what i'v heard they cost around 900 aus so they ain't cheap at all. but that's with the cranks and MRP chain guide.

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think shmity (correct me if im wrong) got a quote for them and they were around 1k for the whole lot.. they are hellllll expensive

G

Socket said:
but it sounds like something you'd buy from KFC.
"Ill take a MRP Bones Combo with a diet coke, A DIET COKE! im tryna watch my figure"

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
there is a few pairs for sale in the pinkbike.com classifieds forum.
theres a pair of 170mm with system 1 guide - brand new for $260US
and theres also a pair of system 2's for $450US

check them out - the $260 ones are a bargain.

Adam

Sic

Likes Dirt
The Price was waay over the top, it was going to be 550 for the cranks spider and bb which isnt great when you compare it to a lot of other companies and then you still have to get chain rings and a guard. SO Ive gone for a Blackspire DS 1 and ill get some decent cranks later, I picked up the DS 1 for $90 including the chain ring, prety hard to argue with that. :D