Mick Hannah Injured at MT Snow.

DOM

Eats Squid
MOUNT SNOW, VERMONT, 28 AUG 2005

In what has proven to be a mixed weekend for Australian riders, with Luke Strom injuring himself in practice and being unable to race over the weekend and Jared Graves taking two NORBA Series Championships, Mick Hannah was taken to hospital with suspected neck injuries after slamming into a tree in the DH at the final NORBA Round in Mount Snow, Vermont.

Hannah was released late today with severe bruising that may restrict his World Championship assault.

"It is pretty sore right now, but structurally the doctor said there will be no issues with racing. It is going to be sore for a bit, but hopefully by Wednesday it will be back to full movement," said Hannah, "The doctor said the muscle area took most of the brunt, but that also means I have some pretty deep bruising which will take a bit of time to heal".

After a poor Dual Slalom result, Hannah was chasing a good DH finish to the NORBA season, but the crash put an end to any hope of another victory to add to the last weekend's double-win.

"I was beginning to think the season was going to be injury-free for Mick," said his manager, Gavin Donehue,"He has had such a bad run in the last few years that I must admit I wasn't too surprised to get a phone call at 2am on Sunday telling me he was being taken to hospital".

Mick will still fly out to Italy for the World Cup as scheduled , but will undergo Physio treatment as soon as he arrives.

For further information please contact:
Freesport Management