Long roadie ride Saddle help

bonss

Likes Bikes
Hi,
I ride road and am using a selle italia lady flow which I purchased as I was having trouble with the "lady bits"
Problem is I am now getting a lot of pain on the pressure points..
It is becoming a really big problem and is really inhibiting my riding..
It's really frustrating when it's not your leg strength or fitness holding you back..
Help!

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Have you had a look at the Selle SMP saddles? Specialized also have a ladies specific line specifically designed to help with these sorts of issues. Took me 15 years to find Selle SMP. I wish I could go back in time and get one of these from the beginning. I know that my experience being male will be different, but I used to get numb genitals and numb feet, burning sensation in groin, pins and needles, feeling like need to wee even when I didn't need to, Selle SMP and it all went away. Specialized dealers also have test saddles so you can try for a few days / week to make sure you get the right one for you. I'm a big believer in saddles with relief channels. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
If you can afford it I strongly suggest a bike fit. It's not just about yah saddle it'd height width angle some people need them to point up some flat some down moving it forward of backward increasing core strength to hold you up from slouching forward ... So much tweaking took me almost 2years and seven saddles and I still think I can do better

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
I agree with what was said above, the specialized dealers tend to have demo seats you can try before you buy.

Sadly I just bought a new road bike the other day that came with a $300 specialized seat which feels like I am riding on a squareblock of wood. Time to swap it for one of my selles I guess.

By the way - do you were good quality padded under pants (nicks)? This really helps dramatically. Just don't get tri padding, its pretty crap.

Asterope

Likes Dirt
If you can get a test saddle or two from Fizik to try out, do so! I am using a fizik rondine on my roady and it is very kind to the lady bits!
Also - shorts/knicks play a big part, so find a pair with thick, comfortable padding that sits in the right place! (I find a lot of shorts have padding which sits too far back)

bonss

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the replies, yeah I wear good quality Knicks.
Will def look at getting a bike fit, and testing out some different saddles.

ChopSticks

Banned
Fucking LOL.....you do realise that was an april fools joke right............. FAIL

OP: all I can say is to keep looking.....I've been riding for 3 years and still cant find a saddle that fits me. I've been though over 30 saddles, the entire specialized range (road and MTB), with no luck in sight

such a shame as saddles are a very personal thing, and next to impossible to recommend ! Good Luck

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Thanks for the replies, yeah I wear good quality Knicks.
Will def look at getting a bike fit, and testing out some different saddles.
yup agree with the all the above comments.
A bike fit and test saddle might cost a couple of hundred bucks, but you cannot put a price on all day comfort.

I know the Specialized BG bike fit includes measurements of your sit bones to help determine the most appropriate saddle width.