Local advice req for Mitcham

ntj

Likes Dirt
Hi,

I'll be heading to Adelaide on Thursday and I want to do some riding on the Mitcham trails. I've never ridden on them before and I was wondering what bike would be most suitable -- a rigid SS 29er or an all mountain rig, or maybe both. Are the trails buff or rocky?

Thanks,
NTJ

Entropy

Squid
Hi,

I'll be heading to Adelaide on Thursday and I want to do some riding on the Mitcham trails. I've never ridden on them before and I was wondering what bike would be most suitable -- a rigid SS 29er or an all mountain rig, or maybe both. Are the trails buff or rocky?

Thanks,
NTJ
An all mountain rig would be the good. Most of the trails have some rocks and the most popular legal track has LOTS of rocks, unfortunately a lot of them are super lose. The legal trails are detailed on the council's website http://www.mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=1475

There are some buff trails too and some 4X. There's a lot of info about the trails, etc on www.ilmtb.com, which is a site dedicated to Adelaide's downhill scene, which is probably why this forum isn't so active.

Last edited:

ntj

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the reply. Yep, bought the Nomad in the end and it was the right bike for the job. Had fun on the Windy Point trails and Eagle Park, but I'll be keen to get back to SA in the cooler months and ride some more.