Homemade Tubeless: Who has done it? Riding it atm? Has ridde

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just looking for people hwo have experience on the home made tubeless system as in the farkin review. Just wondering hwo has ridden it and switched back to normal and, who is currently riding on it and finding it to be no problems. Are you all using the Tube over the bead (ie between tire and rim) or have you cut it that little bit extra so it sits just under hte rim lip? I am considering trying it out but still unsure. I know there is lots on the net about it but I am looking for your personal opinion :)

Thanx,

Turley

S.

ex offender
Yeaaah I've done it, it works fine, yes tube over bead. It works fine, but considering it's on my hardtail which always has high tyre pressures, I don't notice much difference. It does seem to roll uncannily fast at low pressures though...

Ryan

Radministrator
I ran it, but changed back because I like changing my tyres around for different riding conditions. I was able to run STUPID low pressure before I finally flatted the system, got what seemed to be a ridiculous amount of grip out of a Larsen TT tyre and generally enjoyed the experience. The wheel shown in the article is mine, so obviously I went tube over bead :)

Ryan

Radministrator
Sub 20lbs was my guess and the flat happened when I cased a big square edged rock, so it's not like I wouldn't have flatted a normal tube setup anyway.
Edit: | What Ty said too, twas a single ply tyre
v

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone had any experience doing this on 321? i read somewhere that socket said it was a bugger on 521 but im wondering if this is because of the larger side walls than the 321s.

Ty

Eats Squid
i'm all keen to do it on my 321s but it's just so hard to get my bloody tires off.

S.

ex offender
shmity said:
Has anyone had any experience doing this on 321? i read somewhere that socket said it was a bugger on 521 but im wondering if this is because of the larger side walls than the 321s.
I believe the problems with the 521 lie in it not having much gap between the rim bead and the rim bed... so the tyre doesn't fit in there very easily when you have a tube lying across it. That is just speculation tho, ask on Hcor or RM for a better answer.

I'm told it works fine on 321s, and I know for certain it works fine on Mag30s (which are fairly similar profile to 321s).

trobb

Likes Dirt
yer i got tubless, i piad 4 mine though now i am kinda regreting it. all u guys that made it your selfs, hwos it going? mine is sweet as. i havent had a pinch flat 4 months and i can run my tyres at low preassur and still stay confident

fastrider gus

super huck
lol... you knobba tom... it looks prety good so far hey.. it doesnt meen that every time someone gets a flat you can brag about your tubeless...