Giant Bikes

S.

ex offender
Re: Reality check

Grip said:
oz-freerider said:
Grip said:
I truly LOVE Giants.... every damn one of 'em... now guess why.
i bet is cause u get to repair heaps of them and make heaps of money off them ;)
To be totally honest... there are lots and lots and LOTS of Giants out there... so it's no wonder we end up with the odd one or two(??!!??!!??!!)

Still... there are a fair number of Avantis out there as well and the only two of those we've EVER had in were accident damage.

And on the other hand there's one brand that I reckon we've repaired almost EVERY frame of their's ever brought into the country which is why I'd never own a
Cannondale.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Re: Reality check

Grip said:
oz-freerider said:
Grip said:
I truly LOVE Giants.... every damn one of 'em... now guess why.
i bet is cause u get to repair heaps of them and make heaps of money off them ;)
To be totally honest... there are lots and lots and LOTS of Giants out there... so it's no wonder we end up with the odd one or two(??!!??!!??!!)

Still... there are a fair number of Avantis out there as well and the only two of those we've EVER had in were accident damage.

And on the other hand there's one brand that I reckon we've repaired almost EVERY frame of their's ever brought into the country which is why I'd never own a
Huffy?

S.

ex offender
Well, I hope I'm not doing the wrong thing by saying this in public, but last time I was at a certain frame repair place (can't name names but I'm sure you can guess), if I recall correctly, about half the frames there were Cannondales.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
See!!!!

Socket said:
Well, I hope I'm not doing the wrong thing by saying this in public, but last time I was at a certain frame repair place (can't name names but I'm sure you can guess), if I recall correctly, about half the frames there were Cannondales.
See... this is why it's better if we don't let people into our workshop... they may get the wrong impression from what they see.

Oh... and BTW... if any of you think I'm actually going to NAME that particular brand of frame you must be mad... we've got to work in this industry and law suits tend to put small companies WAY out of business. However you should all feel free to voice your OWN nomination for the "breaky-bike of the year" award. Who knows... if the administrators want to start a new thread with this topic and if people post some decent pics we'll even fix one of the leading contenders from a Farkin member for nada.

Oh... and BTW number 2... there isn't ONE huge factory in Taiwan churning out every frame in the world, using the same design, the same geo, the same alloy for the same drawn tubing, the same frame components, being mitred by the one guy on the one machine, being tacked up by the one guy using one jig, being welded up by the same robot and all of them intended for the same sort of use... which is why some brands DO break more than others.

Cheers

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Re: See!!!!

Grip said:
Oh... and BTW number 2... there isn't ONE huge factory in Taiwan churning out every frame in the world, using the same design, the same geo, the same alloy for the same drawn tubing, the same frame components, being mitred by the one guy on the one machine, being tacked up by the one guy using one jig, being welded up by the same robot and all of them intended for the same sort of use...
Cheers
Oh sure there isn't, how dumb do you think we are ?? :wink:

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Re: See!!!!

Gutty said:
Grip said:
Oh... and BTW number 2... there isn't ONE huge factory in Taiwan churning out every frame in the world, using the same design, the same geo, the same alloy for the same drawn tubing, the same frame components, being mitred by the one guy on the one machine, being tacked up by the one guy using one jig, being welded up by the same robot and all of them intended for the same sort of use...
Cheers
Oh sure there isn't, how dumb do you think we are ?? :wink:
Well OK, Gutty, you caught me out.... damn! Yes there really IS only one factory in Taiwan.