LOST Front Wheel - You Yangs Drysdale Rd Carpark 06/01/24

$h0rty

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

Pulled the classic one this morning.
Took my front wheel off to load the bike into the car and left the wheel behind. Only realised when I got home, headed straight back out but the wheel was nowhere to be seen.

What: Front wheel - Fulcrum Red Fire 55 EM 15x110mm, 8” Shimano rotor w/ Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35 (tan side wall).
Where: You Yangs Drysdale Rd Carpark.
When: 06/01/24 approx. 10am. Returned 11:15am but the wheel was gone.

Happy to pay a reward to the good samaritan that picked it up.

Cheers.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Hi All,

Pulled the classic one this morning.
Took my front wheel off to load the bike into the car and left the wheel behind. Only realised when I got home, headed straight back out but the wheel was nowhere to be seen.

What: Front wheel - Fulcrum Red Fire 55 EM 15x110mm, 8” Shimano rotor w/ Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35 (tan side wall).
Where: You Yangs Drysdale Rd Carpark.
When: 06/01/24 approx. 10am. Returned 11:15am but the wheel was gone.

Happy to pay a reward to the good samaritan that picked it up.

Cheers.
It’s been posted on FB. hang on a sec. I’ll find it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I don’t have FB, so had to use the mrs account to message him. No word back as yet…
Bugger. He stated that the wheel had gone so thought the owner had got it.
I’m happy to post it on the Youis FB page if you like.

edit. Can’t post on Youis page. Hope you get it back.

Last edited:

$h0rty

Likes Dirt
Bugger. He stated that the wheel had gone so thought the owner had got it.
I’m happy to post it on the Youis FB page if you like.

edit. Can’t post on Youis page. Hope you get it back.
I might have jumped the gun a bit in excitement of a reunion.
Still a win for RB - wouldn’t have known it had been sighted if not for your work and would still be scratching my head on its whereabouts.

I don’t have high hopes - I would’ve thought if someone picked it up with the intentions of getting it back to its owner they would be active in doing, but time will tell.

I will give it a couple of days before I go shopping.

Thanks again.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Still a win for RB - wouldn’t have known it had been sighted if not for your work and would still be scratching my head on its whereabouts.

I don’t have high hopes - I would’ve thought if someone picked it up with the intentions of getting it back to its owner they would be active in doing, but time will tell.

Thanks again.
Yeah, that's a bummer. Why post about it if they hadn't secured it? And fuck the person who scampered off with it with no intention of finding the owner.
Good luck.

Jpez

Down on the left!

Thanks again.
Yeah I’m wagering it’s a goner. That’s very unusual in the mtb community but places like the Youis have so many blow ins these days. Fingers x the person that has it is just being lazy about trying to return it and eventually does.

Yeah, that's a bummer. Why post about it if they hadn't secured it? And fuck the person who scampered off with it with no intention of finding the owner.
Good luck.
I spoke to the person that posted it up and he genuinely didn’t know what to do with it. He thought if he put it in his car and the owner came back they wouldn’t know where it is. Seemed like a nice guy.
And yes. May karma shit on the scumbag that took it.
I lost my brand new goggles a few months ago at Eatons. Do a couple annoyed runs.
Then get to the top and some good soul has found them and hung them on an obvious tree guessing I’d find them. I was super grateful to the unknown person.