Early Morning Club ride starting Wednesday the 19th at 5.45

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all club members and those thinking of joining. For all those interested the club is starting an early morning club ride Wedneday the 19th of April meeting at the entrance to the quarry on bridge st at 5.45am. That's right it is early in the morning but what better time to ride. The ride will head down the fireroad from bridge st all the way down to the XC track from which we will do a loop of the XC track and then back up the fireroad. It should be all done by 7.00. Hope to see someone there.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What a cracker of a first early morning club ride. There was Myself, Jason, Grant , Damian and Anthony. Poor Steve got a flat somewhere up near Harvey St so he didn't quite make it down to us at the XC track. It seemed to be the day for flats. Anthony got a flat on both wheels through the rocky creek crossing and Jason got one on the rear. It was lucky for us the 'Tube Jew' was on the ride with his impressive stash of spares. Despite the few set backs we still got to the top by 7.10am. The track now has 3.5km of finished track which can be ridden in a loop. I am really impressed with the way it is coming along. There is an XC track building session this Saturday meeting at the bottom gazebo at 2.00pm hope to see you there.

MrPlow

TMBC
damn that sounds like fun. Bike mechanical dramas stopped me from tagging behind youz in an asthmatic fit:mad:
Next one is???

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The next one is on the next wednesday at 5.45am. We might need to stretch this out top 6.00am in the future due to the light considerations. The ride was heaps of fun. The last hill is a bit of a grind but everyone took it easy up the hill anyway.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The "Tube Dew" is born.

Road Rage Ryan said:
What a cracker of a first early morning club ride.
I agree, the dawn run of McFRENZY is so sketchy, i couldn't really see much before that either, 6.00 departure would probably be a bit better for the light situation. Captain simple stack made an appearance too i believe.
Road Rage Ryan said:
'Tube Jew' was on the ride with his impressive stash of spares.
MMMMMMM, I think that name might just hang around for some reason Grant.
Mr Plow said:
me tagging behind youz in an asthmatic fit
You will won't be alone Greg, the ride finished at 7.30 for Grant and myself, I'm still pretty out of nick and didn't eat before i went so i payed the price.:eek:

I'll be there next wednesday for sure.

Last edited:

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The legend of Tube Dew

"Tube Dew" is gold. This is one of the funniest nicknames I have ever heard of. The crazy thing is Grant gave himself the nickname.

Last edited:

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Club ride is on again in the morning. The ride will leave same time and place as last week. WE should be back up top by 7.00am

mtbcrazy

Likes Dirt
Great ride

Hi All

We had Ryan, Steve and myself this morning. Great morning for a ride.
Did one lap of the XC track, it's looking good and riding even better.
That new stone crossing built on Saturday 22nd rides really well.
We made it bat to the top by 7am.

Hope to see more of you next Wed at 6am

Damian

mtbcrazy

Likes Dirt
Wed 3rd May. 6am early morning ride

Hi All

The early morning ride has changed to 6am
Ride down into Jubalee park, one lap of XC track and back to the top, should be back by 7:15

See you all there
Damian

mtbcrazy

Likes Dirt
XC rides getting bigger

Hi All

This morning we had a good turnout with Ryan, Steve, Anthony, Jason, Jeremy and myself. We even saw two other riders doing laps of the XC track. They drove down and parked at the gates.

Ryan tells me that the council have taken delivery of the bridge and will be ready to be installed shortly.
Council have installed bench seats and table at the bottom gazebo.

Don't forget the ride is every week, see you all next week.

Damian

mtbcrazy

Likes Dirt
Morning Rides moved to 6:10 am

Hi All

The early morning rides have moved to 6:10am due to lack of light.

Come down and ride the complete 4.11km XC track.

DCP

boltz

Likes Dirt
Ryan's postponed the early morning Wed ride till August due to falling attendances/ failing light/plummeting temps, but I'm still keen (badly need the training). I'll be at the quarry at 6.20 this Wed.(tomorrow). If anyone else is keen I'll see you there,
Steve