Dirt jumper wheel/rim suggestions

JosheWah

Cannon Fodder
Hello All,
Its been a fair while since I was into riding and have since picked up a Norco Dirt Jumper.
I've had it about 2 months or so and have already buckled a rear rim due to some harder landings.

I am thinking about upgrading it to something a bit stronger (guessing a double wall or something??) than what they provided from the factory however don't know any of the brands to be trying to check out these days. A quick google doesn't really fill me with much confidence, hence the question here.

Original wheel is 26inch.
I can see online for the specs that its a Alex MUS 30 rim.
Ideally i would rather just get a wheel setup rather than the hassle of trying to swap the rim over to the old hub/etc.
Cheers

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They're a bit light on the important bit of detail ... The hub size! But from the photo it looks like:
  • front 100x9mm qr
  • rear 135x14/15mm bmx style big bolt

Neither of which I can help with. Perhaps you are feeling like a big spend overhaul and upgrading the fork and brakes as well? Why not yeah?

Wheels I currently have that would suit the DJ lifestyle are:
  • 135x10 and ngle speed botl up Alex fr30 from a canyon stitched 360 pro (I think) that has never been used.
  • 15x100 sammox hub+rim from a polygon slope style bike
  • 20x110 something something... something. It's an old sun ditch witch on a felt hub. I think.

JosheWah

Cannon Fodder
They're a bit light on the important bit of detail ... The hub size! But from the photo it looks like:
  • front 100x9mm qr
  • rear 135x14/15mm bmx style big bolt
Neither of which I can help with. Perhaps you are feeling like a big spend overhaul and upgrading the fork and brakes as well? Why not yeah?

Wheels I currently have that would suit the DJ lifestyle are:
  • 135x10 and ngle speed botl up Alex fr30 from a canyon stitched 360 pro (I think) that has never been used.
  • 15x100 sammox hub+rim from a polygon slope style bike
  • 20x110 something something... something. It's an old sun ditch witch on a felt hub. I think.
I can see on here - https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/Norco/Ryde-26,24455

Hubs Front: Norco Alloy, 36 hole
Rear: Norco Alloy, 10x135mm

Fork RST Dirt, 9x100mm nutted axle
Rear Dropout / Hub Dimensions 10x135mm tapered horizontal for 3/8" nutted axle

Would the 135x10 and ngle speed botl up Alex fr30 from a canyon stitched 360 pro (I think) that has never been used just bolt straight in to the rear?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Kind of...maybe. You would need some bolts for it, which any speciality bolt shop would have for a very small price. Or maybe canyon have a specific bolt set available. I purchased from CRC a few years back to hook it up on a pink bike 24 let you then decided to sell the frame instead. It didn't come with the bolts and I haven't chased any up.

The consensus on CRC's questions about the product were to get:
  • m10 x 35mm
  • some 10mm washers, preferably with a knurled back so that the wheel does not slip in the dropouts when tightened.

Last edited: