DH Committee

Guy From Nowhere

Likes Bikes
G'day All,

I know Matty got the vote in for the DH Committee, but I was wondering what our plans are from there? I'm keen to get involved and I know that Pete is just as focussed on working up the DH tracks as he is the XC ones.

This year I am going to lend Matt Reading a hand with the track lobbying and grant applications, so I would happily be a go between fro the DH crew and lobbying/grants.

Cheers,
GFN

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
G'day All,

I know Matty got the vote in for the DH Committee, but I was wondering what our plans are from there? I'm keen to get involved and I know that Pete is just as focussed on working up the DH tracks as he is the XC ones.

This year I am going to lend Matt Reading a hand with the track lobbying and grant applications, so I would happily be a go between fro the DH crew and lobbying/grants.

Cheers,
GFN
Thanks from me too GFN. We really need to get the DH crew together and have a serious look at trail possibilities. We would then need walk those trails out, GPS them and get the most likely trail possibilities considered by council --
if you could help with any part of that, I would gratefully accept it!

I know there is a bit of feeling that finding new downhill tracks is a bit difficult in the parks -- but now is the time to look at it.

Kind regards

Matt

Guy From Nowhere

Likes Bikes
G'day Matt,

I'd be more than happy to come along and walk some of the potential areas. There is some potential below Rain Rut in the gorge that needs some looking at. Aussie Pete will be up for this for sure.

Also, I have stuck my hand up to organise a club day out at a a few places, hopefully where we can have both XC and DH riding in close proximity for a a cuasaul feed and drink post ride. Could you please contact me to discuss:
1) A priorotiesed list of tracks;
2) Favourable dates;
3) Required logistical details.

It would be best to use my work email for this: john.bennett@usq.edu.au

Cheers,
John