Del rio DH, this saturday?

phat_tyres

Likes Dirt
hey guys, i think this is the right place to post this....
im probably going out to del rio on saturday and camping 4 the race....
i was just checking that the tracks open for riding...
and also if theres guna be anyone else out there?? maybe doin maintanance.

also just wanted to double check the race fee for this sunday.
cheers.

hey there phat tyres, thats great that your commin out on the saterday, officially the tracks not open for ridding on non race days unless theres trail building or prep goin on.which there is. so come on out an contribute to some house cleaning then do some session work or what ever.

just a little cautionary note. in the past week we've had some of our young guys ,who live local and regularly build maintain on the trails at del rio. one of em had the unfortunate missfortune to require the care flight chopper. (over the bars in a biggish way) if he wasn't accompanied by his friends an freinds father no one would of known they where there and things may have been complicated beyond any happy ending. as it is. he will be telling tails with a happy ending. but things sometimes do not go that way.
if your out there with no one in the know things can and do go pear shaped. in that scenario because its not a club sanctioned event. you are trespassing and NOT covered by any insurance.. and that will take the the happy ending out of any adventure story!
so do the right thing and please only ride on event or build days.

del rio is still in its infancy. shortly there will be added infastructure an official open days for the general public but til then.....

seeyas out there.

phat_tyres

Likes Dirt
yer sweet as... well both my parents are coming and 2-3 riding mates are also coming out... so should be good... and yeah im keen on helping out and sessioning like all of saturday...
and yer i acknowledge that im not covered by insurance.
thanks for the reply...

oh and what time you think you'll be out there? ill probly b riding by 10-11