Countdown to Cairns

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I leave for Cairns tomorrow!! Yeehaw.

You can expect a number of photos to fill this thread in about a week and a half.

I've been trying to contact people in Cairns and have found the locals to be very friendly and I'm not even there yet. I've got a ride organized for Sunday and 3 other dude's phone numbers. Sounds like a great bunch of folks.

Here's what Russel has to say "If you're after steep rocky scary stuff, we'll go straight to Weddlebla." I haven't been this excited since I was at Whistler. :D :D :D

Ty

Eats Squid
good stuff Kram, sorry i couldn't track down any numbers for ya, all my mates have moved on from the mtb scene.

but heres some non mtb tips about cairns for ya.

tuesday nite = sporties (sports bar)
decent irish pubs = "the fox and ferkin (sp?)" and "PJ O'brians"
creek, rivers and the ocean are risky to swim in (unless they have the nets out)

and one mtb tip, if you get a chance to make sure you ride "the bump track" or "ho chi mein" 20 to 40 minute DHish tracks that are a bit out of cairns.

and watch out for the minjin

hope ya have a good one.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I envy you kram :p After seeing pips photo's from there trip to cairns I am super keen to get up there and have a riding holiday. Hope you have a great time up there and see you round the trails soon!

bazza

look at me
are you driving or flying? because if you are driving drop into townsville on your way up. pm me and i will give you my mobile number. later.