Club Ride 10/6

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, seen it wasn't possible to get the bridge and rest of the materials for the finishing touches on the XC track, who is keen for a club ride this weekend?

I was thinking of doing a ride out to Gorman’s Gap before it gets shut down via Flaggon, up preston, then down Gorman's gap and then back up echo valley rd or flagstone creek rd. It has been a few years since I’ve been out there, and from what I can remember it is a sweet piece of track. Meet at the corner of Ruthven & Nelson Sts @ 2.15pm, for departure around 2.30pm.

***********CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER************
Cheers
Jason

Last edited:

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If I am not too stuffed from my morning ride of 60km I might come out for an easy jaunt. I think the gorman's gap is a good idea and am happy to meet anywhere.

Jason were you thinking down Flaggon, up preston, then down Gorman's gap and then back up echo valley rd or flagstone creek rd.

Last edited:

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Road Rage Ryan said:
Were you thinking down Flaggon, up preston, then down Gorman's gap and then back up echo valley rd or flagstone creek rd.
Yeah something along those lines, it would be good to get out of Jubilee Park & the various other fire trails we ride once in a while, just to change the scenery and conditions a bit.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could be there pending on departure time & distance, I'm still trying to shake the tail end of a flu & don't want to agrivate it to much with a lung busting ride. Can somebody leave a depature details here.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
aaron01 said:
Can somebody leave depature details here.
Aaron, i have updated my post at the top of the page now with the ride details to make it easy for everyone.
Hopefully see you there.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds good. It shouldn't be too hard a ride. We only have to climb 300 vertical metres twice. Gorman's gap is well worth the ride.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will be up for the ride but I'll be there a little late as I'm only fiinishing work @ 2pm, can somebody please hang about for me as its been a while since my last jaunt through gormans gap.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah we can wait around till ya get there. Maybe we should officially meet there at 2.15 and wait till you get there, that's providing it's not pissing down.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah i can't see a problem with having a 2.30pm leave. Meet at 2.15pm like Ryan said that way we can leave when Aaron arrives.

See everyone there weather permitting.

P.S I have updated my original post

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cool thanks all will see you about 2.30pmish, Is there any parking out there if I drive I may get there a little sooner.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
aaron01 said:
Is there any parking out there if I drive I may get there a little sooner.
Shouldn't be a problem, as far as i know the NE corner is still a big vacant block, it was last time i actually payed attention anyway. If that fails, i think there is room to park on Ruthven st Northbound.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Called Off Due To Weather

Ok, the weather is looking pretty sad & I believe that there has been a fair bit of rain out preston way overnight. Looks like we will have to postpone this ride for another weekend real soon, the idea of having to carry my bike because everything is that clogged up with mud is not my idea of fun.

Last edited: