brads backyard

brad353

Likes Dirt
hey this is my mini supercross track, nothing there yet for pushbikes but hopefully some of you like it anyway. it's on an acre block which i bought a couple of years ago, always had a few crummy jumps on it but this weekend i got a bobcat and just a little bit more dirt trucked in.....

there's a bit over 100tonne of dirt there now, we used all the dirt i got yesterday and even could've done with just a little bit more to make the main straight jump bigger. just before that jump there's a split section with an inside and outside berm which i think is gonna be pretty cool, not everybody will be hitting the outside line i don't think. just need to do a little bit more grooming by hand and then plenty of watering, then leave it for a week or so to bake. can't wait!

there's also an area of nearly 20metres square in the middle of the track that i'm thinking of putting a pumptrack in for pushies, and i will definitely be putting some big dirt jumps in going diagonally across the mini track at some stage, but for now it's just for the mini. braaaaaap

Attachments

DALE09

Likes Bikes
dude thats what i call shit hot i want a bob cat to build me some shit i got 4 acres of nothing on a mild slope;)

DALE09

Likes Bikes
i do believe i have been bitten by the jealous bug, im assuming your mates helped make it all yeah, because thats a shit load of work and or digging

brad353

Likes Dirt
yeah i had a few mates over on the day that i originally built the track, but i used a bobcat so that did most of the work. since then i've just been doing little bits and piece's to the track after work to try and pack it down sweet. i have a roller that i scored from my mate at a hire company which has been pretty handy. mate, with four acres i'd be making it happen if i were you. you have the land, thats the hard part, now just get the dirt. my track is so much fun to ride and i can't wait to get some decent pushy jumps happening to. i'll try to put some action shots up soon.

DALE09

Likes Bikes
yeah im in the process of making some burms and shit for a pump track and im working on designs for foam pit and some dj's so hope fully i get a job and some moneys

That track is either massive , or your moto is tiny! LOL Don't know how keen I'd be driving a bobcat on a slope, could get a bit tricky and end in some scorpion action.

brad353

Likes Dirt
yeah it's only a 10inch mini- a PROPER crf mini with an 88 race head kit. tracks not that big really. i finally sacked up and hit the biggest jump on the track on the weekend and it felt great, so great that i kept hitting it till the lip began to wear out. really wanna build some big pushy jumps very soon but i can't find any good dirt, even despite the fact that i'm happy to pay for it. townsville is terrible when it comes to finding good dirt, it just doesn't exist. as for the bobcats, i actually really enjoy building tracks with them, learnt to drive them when i was pretty young. it's pretty hard to tip one.

Last edited: