Bec Henderson Duo Classic

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Held today on east Kowen Forest ( the Mont course area). 328 riders entered in 164 pairs for a great race in perfect weather to raise funds for Bec Henderson's 2012 international campaign.

Full results attached. The riders rode as pairs, with the time of the 2nd rider in the team to count for the final race time - so no use in sending a whippet out ahead. Some great give-aways at the end from the sponsors who support Bec.

In the detailed lap split results, the lap time shown is for the first rider in the team, then the next "lap" is the time difference to the 2nd rider.

View attachment Overall_Final.pdf
View attachment LapSplits_Final.pdf
View attachment CatSum_Final.pdf
View attachment Rider_Index.xls

A few happy snaps, including some of the podiums, are in this album.

Much better ones, from Greg Long are here.

Last edited:

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome track, awesome vibe, awesome race.
Big thanks to the organisers, it was unreal fun and a great idea for a race.

Canbaroo

Likes Dirt
LOST in space

Congratulations to all involved, flawless event management, great track and happy riders.... duo overtaking has its moments! Getting a pair gunning it at speed past you on a tight track was a bit of a laugh on occasions but all in great spirit...... Most of my overtaking moments were of pairs fixing flats.....

LOST post race........ 44k on the clock [very slow avg speed!]

Bryton Rider 30 GPS
When: Satrurday 14 January 2012
Where: Duo Classic Orchard Road, East Kowen Forest ACT
Finished the race with it. Probably around the start/finish or car park.

Call Steve: 04 1771 0999

mikecin

Squid
[Reposting from the other Bec Henderson Duo Classic Thread ...]

Nobody has said anything yet on this forum, and I feel as though someone has to ... THAT WAS AWESOME!

I've never raced as a "pair" like that before, and it was fantastic. Todd and I were very equally matched which made it great (we got 8th in Opens), the atmosphere on the track was great too (as I've come to expect from enduro races), the track itself was absolutely fantastic (I still see it behind my eyelids 2 days later!) and I am really hoping that is gets run again next year. It was a great distance and had a very reasonable starting time which meant I could drive down from Sydney in the morning.

I had a laugh when I saw all those guys fixing flats at the same spot ... until Todd yelled out "flaaaat". Doh! Nice bit of sneaky rock there!

Good luck to Bec!

Regards,
Mike