4x Open Day

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Dad has a 4x open day pencilled into his diary for this Sunday and he can't remember where or when he heard it. Is there one on?

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Minutes of General Meeting 2nd Sept, 2008
Held at Toowoomba City hall

5.0 General Business

4x Open Day- Louis proposed that the club run an open day on the 4th or 5th of October as a lead up event to the 4x series race. Members in attendance supported the idea.
Action item: Louis to start organisation of open day & ask other committee members for assistance if required. Post on Farkin/ MTB Dirt & get a flyer done for the bike shops etc ASAP.

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think Bubbles needs to get his act together. from what i could see when i was "driving" past the tracks looks over grown, the more people riding it the better the track will be, there is still alot of work to be done. The up ramps to some of the jumps are still loose n un-compacted from the last maintanence day. Open day is a good idea. have to do something with the start gate also

louispijpers

model citizen
I think Bubbles needs to get his act together. from what i could see when i was "driving" past the tracks looks over grown, the more people riding it the better the track will be, there is still alot of work to be done. The up ramps to some of the jumps are still loose n un-compacted from the last maintanence day. Open day is a good idea. have to do something with the start gate also
Yeah also people need to remember its not meant to be track maintained/organised by a handful of people...

Unfortunately at the moment my thesis has a bit more precendence over track maintainence. After the last 4x build day the track was sweet as, practically just needed some weed killer...

I would be extremely happy for anyone to take over the reigns of looking after and organising track mainainence, the last 2 days i have organised there has been a pretty poor turn out.
To those who have shown up, keep up the good work!

Last edited:

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'll join the club and take over if you want. if im not working tuesday ill come to the meeting and re-join.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is a rumour about town that there is a 4X race/demo on tomorrow 9/11 @ the Showgrounds, Is this the case and is there acost involved for spectators?
Aaron

joy boy

Likes Dirt
There is a rumour about town that there is a 4X race/demo on tomorrow 9/11 @ the Showgrounds, Is this the case and is there acost involved for spectators?
Aaron
I think it's part of the 'QLD mountain cross' series

zach15

Likes Dirt
just checked the radar and it looks like a fine day:D might just be a bit cloudy, it should be a good day:p

jock

Likes Dirt
was definitely a fine day, track was perfecto. uv rating must of been up there though, i got very sunburnt:eek:

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just wanted to be one of the 1st to say what a great event the club put on, My eldest Sam and I went out for a look this afternoon and gotta say the racing was close and fast, Sam was especially impressed. I'm sure you are all very aware but also wanted to say a big thanks to Jared who is always very approchable and willing to have a chat it really made Sams afternoon especially after he relised it was the same guy he watched in Bejing only a couple of months ago.
Track was impressive anf great for spectating, access was top notch and even Marks sausages in a bun (even if the buns were square) were perfect for a late lunch.
End of the day very very good job to the club, organisers, officials and volunteers.

Last edited: