12 Hours in the Piney 28th March, come ride some amazing singletrack.

oriion

Likes Dirt
The 12 hours in the piney is on again in sunny Armidale on the 28th march - should be an awesome event yet again.

Lots of entrants last year - should be even more this year. - would be good to see some of you rotorburners come along.

We have a few teams running this year, (i'm punishing myself in the solo category) should be good times, with the mandatory beers and such in between laps.

Bring the kids, and the wives - the transition area is well suited.

as a side note - i have nothing to do with the race, just wanted to spread the word.

more info here: http://www.nemtb.com.au/news/une12hoursinthepineyalmosthere

fscsar

Squid
Did it last year and loved it. The track improvements this year sound awesome. Have a wedding to go to this year but I will be there again next year. Have a great race. Be warned it is cool down there at the moment it was 7 degrees on the weekend when I was there.

oriion

Likes Dirt
There is a new rock garden up top on "Angry Eyes" and also a new flow section with berms and a few jumps. And it should be reasonably cold :)

rmvvwls

Likes Bikes
All in all a great day. Orriion, I couldn't find the F250 :(

Race report: *cough*It was *cough* bloody *cough* dusty *cough*
And then my headlamp failed coming down why knot? and all I had was my little bar lamp.
Awesome day.

The new section through Angry Eyes was a whole lot of fun. When I get my new bike I'm heading up just to see how hard I can hit that.

oriion

Likes Dirt
You might not have seen it, but you must have heard it when i left though :)

Was a great day, I knew it was going to be dusty, so I wore goggles for most of it even though i got a few "totally enduro bro" comments, suited my pink gloves anyways :)

The bacon givers were awesome as well :)

I got 7 laps in before I cracked my front rim and broke some spokes. Luckily I was able to stop before my wheel snapped.

Hope to see you all next year, was a fantastic event.

notime

Likes Dirt
I really enjoyed the track being my first time in the Piney. I think the A line off "The Rock" was the knarliest line in an XC race I've done but it eventually caught me out about lap 8 I think.

Riding the single speed meant missing out on pinning in down through Big Dog's Den back to the creek, I was sad being Mr Plod through that section all day.

And lastly, having midway trackside hot bacon supplied for a solid 12 hours is reason enought to highly recomend people get along to this race next year.

hathill

Likes Dirt
Bacon

I really enjoyed the track being my first time in the Piney. I think the A line off "The Rock" was the knarliest line in an XC race I've done but it eventually caught me out about lap 8 I think.

Riding the single speed meant missing out on pinning in down through Big Dog's Den back to the creek, I was sad being Mr Plod through that section all day.

And lastly, having midway trackside hot bacon supplied for a solid 12 hours is reason enought to highly recomend people get along to this race next year.
Bacon, they're onto the secret ingredient to endurance racing eh?

rmvvwls

Likes Bikes

You weren't the bloke on the black/red SS camped on the inside of the last corner were you?

rmvvwls

Likes Bikes
Black/Orange SS on the inside of last corner, yeah that would have been me.
Haha, I was the guy on the Green/Black merida following you on the first lap through big dogs den when you said something like "I can't overtake, I'm out of gears" to the woman in front of us. Didn't realise it was a SS until then.

notime

Likes Dirt
Haha, I was the guy on the Green/Black merida following you on the first lap through big dogs den when you said something like "I can't overtake, I'm out of gears" to the woman in front of us. Didn't realise it was a SS until then.
Yep that was the realisation that my day was not going to be as fun as it should be, next time I'm up that way I'll take a geared bike in and just session Big Dog's for a few hours I think..