Search results

1. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Hi all, The young fella come a cropper on his MTB, and looks like the rear gear shifter on the right may have got a little nudge. It would only ocassionally shift down into lower gear (higher rear cog), but shifting up gears was fine. Got to the stage where you could push the whole gear lever...
  2. D

Confused regarding wheel/tyre size

Hi all Bought last year a Focus Whistler 27R 4.0 (https://www.bikeexchange.com.au/a/hardtail-mountain-bikes/focus/nsw/gymea/whistler-27r-4-0/102633075) for the young fella last year. So far been a pretty good bike for him. Just looking at the rims at it says ETRTO 559 X 19 on it which I...
  3. D

MTB Clothing

Hi As new to MTB, looking for some stocking filler stuff for the kids Xmas. Basically, MTB sock, tops, shorts etc. Good place in Melbourne to visit to purchase this gear? Not after anything expensive as we are just beginners. Are there any factory outlets in Melbourne, google doesn't turn up...
  4. D

Bike Carrier

Hi All Just a quickie regarding a bike carrier. Just need one to take the kids bikes a few kms to tracks, jumps etc so don't need an expensive one. Will not be driving 100kms down the freeway etc, so no need to look in the rear vision to check if the bikes are still there! I'm looking at...
  5. D

How tight should a BMX chain be ?

Hi Posting on behalf of my son as he is too young to be on these sites etc, anyway we are quite new to bikes and more into mountain bikes if anything. Anyway, bought a 2nd hand Norco Nail for my son as he wanted to do more jumps etc and told him no to doing it on his expensive MTB! The...
  6. D

Newbie Looking for a MTB for a 11yo

Hi Guys/Gals Hopefully will not take up too much of your time. As the subject says, little riding to school, more riding back and forwards to mates places and some weekend dirt riding. No hardcore riding at this stage. So after a good simple MTB, don't need all the bells and whistles but not...