Search results

1. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Consider this resolved thanks greatly to Moorey. Legend.
  2. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Certainly has, is and will :)
  3. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Cheers mate.
  4. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

You must do a lot of upgrades to have so many parts mate! Im in Bendigo, but head your way alot. Will send you a text in the morning. :)
  5. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks mate, will do. I would have made the short trip to Bunny if you had some also :)
  6. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks mate, makes perfect sense and cheap insurance. In the end now I'm thinking of a slight upgrade to deore shifters. Local bike shop said they can only buy the shifters as a set, not individually. The altus set is $70, acera I think $80 and the deore $100. Thinking the doere as it doesn't...
  7. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks. Can I ask why? Should it be just replaced at the same time? Can you buy shifters with the cable also or buy separate?
  8. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Yeh its only for the young fella and he not a $5000 bike of course, may just replace like for like until I learn more about other parts etc
  9. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks mate, stumbled across that site the other day
  10. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Cheers mate, not on that page have requested to join :)
  11. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

On FB? What FB group mate? EDIT...... Thanks mate you beat my a few secs
  12. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks. Yep will stick with a 9speed shifter, Altus or better. I'm a noobie at this stuff, so trying to make it as easy as possible, don't want to change too much!
  13. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks wkkie, might be a good time to upgrade to a better spec shifter ?
  14. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Thanks mate. I see you are from Buninyong, must be cold there today!
  15. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Yeh I think the shifter is "no recessed" into the other shifter if that makes any sense? They are not flat against each other and a little loose (can wobble it a little side to side and up and down), but if I slide the shifter whilst holding it up, it shifts OK. I works OK when I turn it...
  16. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Yep, agreed, already spend a couple hours on it. If I upgraded the shifter, do I have to upgrade the shifter for the front derailleur also? The rear derailleur is deore. Cheers
  17. D

Replacing Gear Shifter

Hi all, The young fella come a cropper on his MTB, and looks like the rear gear shifter on the right may have got a little nudge. It would only ocassionally shift down into lower gear (higher rear cog), but shifting up gears was fine. Got to the stage where you could push the whole gear lever...
  18. D

Confused regarding wheel/tyre size

Haha, and mine whilst I was trying to work out why the planets didn't align!
  19. D

Yeh sorry I didn't mean to ark up. I know $700 is low end, but for us and a 11yo it is quite enough for the moment. As you mentioned, the quality control seems out the door, can't whack the right sticker on the rim. Has confused me no end. Guess when I get more into bikes I will be able to...
  20. D

Guess we all start somewhere with Mtn Bikes, and not necessarily at the top. It wasn't a Kmart $79 special though