Search results

1. T

Rockshox Monarch RT help

Man it always amazes me at how how many replies I get and how much effort you all put into the answers. Much appreciated fellas I will have a crack at some of the suggestions and get back to you. I am conscious of voiding my warranty if I tamper too much as I don’t have a lot of experience under...
  2. T

Rockshox Monarch RT help

Hi I was hoping to get some advice on my shock. It’s about 4 months old, had it from new. After about three rides there was quite s bit of gunk around the o ring on the stanchion. I’m assuming this is oil and dirt. So cleaned it up. Thinking it may have just been overfilled or something I...
  3. T

Denting rims

Yeah I’m building one at the mo in the back yard for that purpose exactly. I know that loose feeling when I get it, the biggest issue is my strength, I can’t maintain a good low position for long. I am hoping a pump track will build the right muscles I need. Thanks for all the good advice...
  4. T

Denting rims

Yep mate I recon that’s a big part, I try to stay relaxed, I am way better than I used to be but when it starts getting steep with roots I kind of get all tight again. Basically just point and shoot, crash and burn style. Maybe I should just watch a few others how they get down see if that...
  5. T

Denting rims

?
  6. T

Denting rims

Thanks for that, yeah the 511 seems to have good reviews. Will try one, go tubeless and get a decent pressure gauge that works, hopefully that will cover all bases. Hopefully that will buy me sometime to get smoother out there. Some tracks I just can’t find a “smooth” way down!
  7. T

Denting rims

Na not many rocks in Rotorua, it’s the roots.
  8. T

Denting rims

Great thanks for all the rapid replies! Much appreciated. To try get an answer to some of the questions: My bike is a canyon Spectral. Rims are DT Swiss M1700 Spline II. Potentially my gauge on my pump is truly stuffed and I’m riding a lot lower than I thought. Bike doesn’t bounce around off...
  9. T

Denting rims

Hi, I am after some advice. I dent my rear rim almost every ride. It’s pinching flat and doing my head in. I am trying to ride smoother and lighter but every time I try s harder track I end up walking home. I ride a stock rim, minion, not tubeless, at about 30-35 psi. I don’t have a pressure...
  10. T

STOLEN BIKE. Stumpjumper Evo 2014

My bike has been flogged out of my shed at home on the 30th April. I know its going to be close to impossible to get it back but thought I would try. Stolen from Melbourne but could pop up anywhere. 2014 Stumpjumper Evo (Pretty much completely Black with red Flat pedals) Monarch debonair...
  11. T

XO 10 speed shifter with xx1 11 speed everything else. Would ya or wouldn't ya?

Sweet thanks heaps guys. Yeah I thought I might have a problem. Its not the end of the world, the grip shift runs fine. Hopefully a bike shop over there might be able to fix me up for the week. Cheers for your help all!
  12. T

XO 10 speed shifter with xx1 11 speed everything else. Would ya or wouldn't ya?

I'm off to nz for a ride and have been hoping a 11 speed trigger shifter would come up for sale but no dice. Got full xx1 on bike with a grip shift. I prefer trigger. Like an idiot I did not get my act together and just buy a gx. I have a xo 10 speed on my other bike. Thinking I might...
  13. T

Rim advice

ah yeah gonna need hubs too, my hubs only have 24 holes. flows have 32 don't they? If i can find some hubs ill pm you, how much would you want for the rims?
  14. T

Rim advice

Mate I'm not sure if it is inside or outside width, I have just taken the measurement off the sram website. Do they normally talk in internal or external measurements? As for the FlowEx rims, I have seen a few pairs come up on RB trading. Can you clarify the difference between flow ztr and...
  15. T

Rim advice

Man awesome thanks for all the answers! Right to clarify some of your questions, 26 inch, style of riding is more downhill orientated, I'm not hitting any massive stuff yet but I'm building up to it, im not racing or anything just basically trying to teach myself to ride better, faster...
  16. T

Rim advice

I have sram rise 60's on at the moment, with minion dhf 2.5's on, the rim is 19mm wide. I find the bike to be a bit washy in corners at pace. It feels a bit unstable/ unbalanced especially on fast berms. Im not sure this is a result of the tires to wide for the rims or if its something else...
  17. T

sorry deleted

sorry deleted
  18. T

Carbon rims, New to them..is the popping noise normal?

Cool thanks will get a few more rides in
  19. T

Carbon rims, New to them..is the popping noise normal?

Right lads I just brought a new bike which came with sram rise 60's. Shes all good bar any slightly heavier than normal hits there is a pop/ping noise (from the rear mainly). Cant be good for it. Is this normal? Will they snap and I am gonna end up with triangle tires?! Sorry if this...